So there's this girl that I've been interested in for the past few months. We see each other at the bar occasionally and I talk with her on facebook about every week or so for the past month. She also came to my friends predrink birthday party at my house a couple weeks ago, with a couple other of our friends.

She was interested in one of my other friends but it wasn't mutual and he left for the summer so I'm pretty sure she's moved on. Also I'm on crutches for the next 3 months which means I won't see her at the bar or parties unless it's a pub maybe. I've known her since junior high but it was essentially that she was friends with my friends and at that time we could be called aquintances at best.

I'm always the one to initiate conversations online though she keeps them going once they are started. She seems interested in me at this stage but it is difficult for me to tell.

I have little experience with women and I'd like advice on how to proceed and what to do next. I don't feel like I'm at a stage where I can ask her out yet.

Well it sounds encouraging if she enjoys chatting with you online, but for it to go anywhere you're going to need to meet up in person. You must know what she's interested in, and clearly you both have stuff in common so you don't really have to worry about what to say when you meet up - just kind of carry on from what you were talking about online.

Why does being on crutches mean you won't see her at parties? If you're going to something just ask her along..

It means I won't be partying as much for the next while. Definetly won't be out at the clubs since I can't dance for now.

How soon should I be trying to meet up with her? Again outside of parties or the rare group activities that happen between our two social circles there is not much other opportunity unless I ask her out for coffee or something. And i feel like it's s bit early for that.

Archived