If ex says...

Well first, I want to point out that the ball is just as in your court as it is hers. I mean, if you are dissatisfied with the way she has left you hanging, you are more than justified in dipping out.

However, if you are still wanting to work the relationship out and waiting to see what she says, then yes there is an appropriate time to wait. After a few days I would ask if she minded telling you how she felt. Some people do say "taking a break" and mean it, while others use it as a way to save-face and not break up with you, so it's impossible to know. But, if it were me, I would give it a little time, ask for her thoughts, and then make a decision to leave. I just can't be with soemone who is in limbo or whether or not they want to be with me or not. I figure after a several days of space, if the person still isn't sure, then I don't want to be with them.

Depends on the reason. If you two have been fighting a lot and she needs a short break to stop the pattern and clear her head and think about what to do, that is OK.

Or if she has some serious personal issues to deal with and you are putting pressure on her that means she can't deal wtih the situation.

But if she doesn't have a concrete reason for the break, and you don't specify a particular timeframe (i.e., a week or a month) or if she does it to date other people, then i would say the prognosis for getting back together isn't as good.

It is for personal reasons. At least that's what I believe. I asked her if her issues settled...not directly asked get her to get back together....but implied it...she said we would have to see...I don't know how to aproach it....or is it all on her?

harder than it seems...she works with me and claims she wants to be friends...and doesnt want me out of her life...

Of course she doesn't want you out of her life. She wants to string you along while she dates other guys. "Taking a break" is almost always code for "I want out, but I'm too much of a coward to say otherwise). I agree with the prior poster. Start dating others and assume this relationship is over.

Archived