I fear rejection...not receiving it, but giving it.

StarFright

So I went out on a date a few nights ago to see a movie. It was nice however I felt a little awkward, even before I met up with my date. I think perhaps I am not ready to date people who have exclusiveness in mind, the idea of rejecting guys makes me a little sad, as I don't have the heart to hurt them.

Anyway, I decided to go on a date because it's been a month and I was getting a little bored and I figure it wuld be fun. While on the date I just was not feeling this person. He was not unattractive, did nothing wrong, but I just wasn't gelling. I know I'd rather not have a second date, because of my realization that I want to be single (I don't want to waste his time or give him a wrong impression) I put on a profile I made that I was seeking long term however I regret this now...the reason I did that was because if I did meet up with someone, I wanted to make it clear I wasn't in it for a simle fling...I'm not that kind of person.

How do I go about breaking it to this person that I do not want another date? I do have a lot on my mind/plate but I don't want him to take it too personally. No moves were made on the date by either of us. I did not want to lead him on.

In a way I do want to date, but I think I want to date around, have fun. Not have to worry about being exclusive, or worry about the other person getting too attached to the idea of it..it is so nerve wracking. Anyone else feel this way?

you have only been on one date with him. Just tell him that you didn't feel chemistry and be done with it. There is no reason to feel bad for it.

Logically, I know this. I just feel bad because we texted prior to the date for a day or two and I guess I sent out heavy signals as far as being interested (probably as texting poses as no threat) and then became cold in person.

I'm the same way. But really, it may be uncomfortable to give it, but it would be worse in the end if you just kept going and you weren't happy.

I wouldn't accept another date, I know how it feels to be locked in to something if you don't speak up soon enough, which is why I prefer to be single now...that trapped feeling is horrible and even worse when its prolonged and the other person is lead on too.

Thanks for the replies guys

I know how it feels to be locked in to something if you don't speak up soon enough, which is why I prefer to be single now...that trapped feeling is horrible and even worse when its prolonged and the other person is lead on too.

I just went through 7 months of that lol.

Archived