My Lazy Cat

meteorstrike

Does anyone have experience with lazy cats?

My cat just sleeps everywhere. She would follow me around but as soon as I stop she flops to the floor and sleeps. Or if she's REALLY lazy she'll would just look up to see where I stop then run over and sleeps. She can even sleep through a loud movie. She also moves very slowly. She only runs when I blow dry my hair. She has no problem jumping down from stuff but I have never seen her jump up. She can climb on stuff a bit taller than her but that's about it. She won't chase lasers or play with anything. She's only excited when I open closets or a cabinet.

How can I get her more excited/playful?

Does anyone have experience with lazy cats?

My cat just sleeps everywhere. She would follow me around but as soon as I stop she flops to the floor and sleeps. Or if she's REALLY lazy she'll would just look up to see where I stop then run over and sleeps. She can even sleep through a loud movie. She also moves very slowly. She only runs when I blow dry my hair. She has no problem jumping down from stuff but I have never seen her jump up. She can climb on stuff a bit taller than her but that's about it. She won't chase lasers or play with anything. She's only excited when I open closets or a cabinet.

How can I get her more excited/playful?

Haven't you heard? Lots of cats are lazy, it's not just yours. If you want an energetic cat, there's always kittens Or you could try catnip lol

Your cat is almost 10 years old, right? If so, she is considered an elderly cat and she wont play a whole lot. She will sleep and cuddle with you and maybe in a rare moment chase a string. If you were 80 years old, I'm sure that you wouldnt want to play either. lol

Awww. So sweet. She likes her human, at least.

Is it true she is an older cat? There is a soft spot in my heart for senior cats, ever since my first baby was one when I adopted her. She'd just laze and talk and the only time I'd really see her running is when I got the can opener going. lol. All you can do is try and have lots of cool things for her to interact with and see if she likes anything. Just keep trying, for the sake of exercise, but otherwise, she is probably content as can be hanging around you in the sweet life.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived