Hey guys! I was wondering if it is possible to fall in love with someone after knowing them for only a week? I met this guy while in Florida last week and we have a really strong connection that we both feel. We spent every night together until I left yesterday. When we kissed it just felt natural and when we were together it was like we had been dating forever, it just felt right. With my last relationships I got sick of them really really fast and dumped them, but with him it's different. The thing is we live in different states (him in FL, me in WI). I've talked to him on the phone about 3 times since I left yesterday. We are not officially dating because of the distance, but are going to talk about it again. I just feel so happy when I think about him, and I cry when I miss him. I don't care about his past (relationships, etc), whereas with my exes it bothered me. Basically what I want to know is if it sounds like I'm in love and if a long distance romance would work. Thanks guys!

You know that saying "Distance makes the heart grow fonder?"

Well.... you can kind of see it both ways. I reckon do get to know him better but DONT jump and commit to a relationship!

Also, I think you fall in love after you KNOW the person, not from showing off (on both parts) the first few months when you meet.

Hope it helps

Cheers

I think the quote is "Absense makes the heart grow fonder", But thats not thw point. It sounds to me like you two could be in love. However I agree with Finzsoftie in that I would get to know him better before you jump into anything, as you really havent know him that long.

I hope it all works out for you.

• 3 weeks later...

YES you can be falling in love within days, let alone a week. If you spent enough quality time together, and just clicked in the right way, you can feel it. At the moment i'd say you're besotted, infatuated with one another, but that's a stage of FALLING in love and, within a week or two, it's safe to say that you're there if you still feel as strongly.

Good luck with him!

I have fallen in love before, in just hours! i met a guy and we couldn't stop talking to one another and ended up forgetting that our other friends were even there that night!! We talked till we had to go to work the next day and saw each other everyday for 2weeks. Then he was scared by his feelings for me and ended it, (niether of us told the other we loved them but we both knew what the other was feeling!). We were intouch again about 6 months later and tried to just be friends but it was impossible. About 18 months after we were first together we were intouch again and tried being friends, but we both felt so much more for one another. On my 21st birthday he told me he loved me. We were seeing each other for a few weeks but i had just got out of a major relationship and felt like i had no room to breath, i needed to be on my own to grow as a person and said it was no good being together right now. He recently moved to Australia (i'm in UK) and i dont know when i'll see him again.

I don't know if that helped!

...But everytime i was with him i felt like nothing else mattered in the world! And i felt that everyday i was with him, and that feeling has never gone away, i know it will still be there if i see him in 10 years time. It's like we are the same person in so many ways!!

• 2 weeks later...

I think you can. This guy I'd never given much attention to moved away and we started talking online and on the phone. When he came back, we were together every night for the week he was here. He left, but he's coming back, and I've never felt more in love. But I think it may just be infatuation. We really didn't get to know each other THAT well and didn't have too much time alone. Plus, at least your guy is calling--mine rarely did it. But he's like that... so nonchalant and independent. Maybe I'm just drawn to him rather than in love.

Good luck with everything though because long distance love will eat away at you. I already feel like I'm empty inside.

It is completely impossible for real, genuine love to exist between 2 people in a matter of days. Remember that even after a year, you can still be in your "good behaviour" phase with him/ her. Everyone has traits and characteristics that are only going to manifest when people are truly comfortable with each other - and this is where you really know whether or not you want to be with this person for a long time. Only after knowing the negativities. I think 'love at first sight' is a mass produced Hollywood dream that has no merit in real life or in the lives of real people. It's a great romantic idea though and I think it's great if you can find it!

Can lust and infatuation exist after a few days? Absolutely! You can convince yourself that this person is 100% for you - without a doubt. You can't stop thinking about him/ her, you are totally attracted to him/ her ... but what happens when you really get to know each other? It can go either way.