I need opinions fast!

Hey guys I just need to know your opinions on how long a relationship needs to go on for either partners to start compromising on things that they don't like about each other. This might sound like a weird thing to ask about but my situation is very... unique I guess you could say. Well thanks a lot everybody plz reply soon!

Its hard to answer your question without knowing the specific but I can tell you that a key ingredient to any relationship is compromise, and communication. If something bothers you about what your partner is doing make sure you communicate and share your feelings with your partner, without being angry or freaking out. Good luck!

I agree. We need more specifics.

Are we talking about not liking the music she likes? Or not liking the way she chews her food? No one is perfect. There will be things you don't like.

Are we talking about lying? Or beliefs? You can't (or rather... shouldn't) compromise your personal beliefs in order to be with someone.

It's not acceptable for you to be doing all that work (maybe if you were still courting her, it would make more sense, but not after 5 months). Sounds like you guys are seriously lacking balance. A relationship should be the work of both partners, not one.

Yup. You are young. I presume she is also young. It could just be that she thinks that's the way it's 'supposed' to be and she doesn't realize that she should be taking initiative too...

Before you go and dump her or anything, talk to her...

Archived