Question about penetration...

Me and my girl tried to have sex the other day, we had a condom on (no pill, so it was a little risky), but I didn't fully penetrate into her since I don't think I ripped the hymen or gone in far, she even said that you went in but not far in.

Now I was wondering two things...

Do I gotta push in far to actually be classed as having sex, I mean like breaking the hymen?... sorry if my question is difficult to understand, I don't know how to explain it.

Also, supposed that the condom ripped during sex, but I didn't penetrate far, not even breaking the hymen, and say I had pre-cum, I'd still get her pregnant yeah? not that the condom split or anything, because I... checked it, and I kinda pre-came a little, but not too much, jst a very very small amount... and the condom didn't split.

Thanks.

Yes its sex and your no longer a virgin.

If the condom split there is a chance she can get pregnant because the muscles of the birth canal carry sperm up to the cervix (That's something I just read in an article linked to in one of these topics… not sure if its really true or not). I'm not sure if hymen not being broken will affect it or not. I your unsure, get pills, we can help you to find out how to get them if you need help (or just consult other topics).

No its fine thanks, we didn't go all the way until I came... and I checked my condom to see if there was any leakage... but there was nothing so I guess its fine... yeah next time I gotta get pills and all.

Another question...

say if we don't get pills... would spermicide be good enough? Or almost as good?

Hello Blowfish.

I can see you and your partner are really "tense" about this whole thing.

I can only assume your worried about breaking the hymen, because she has brought this up as something she is not ready for.

Also i understand your very concerned about pregnancy.

If your girlfriend is very concerned about losing her virginity, then maybe you should stop until she is ready, if this is the case, she has only gone this far because she loves you and wants to please you and make you happy.

Now, if she is ready, i wouldn't worry too much about breaking the condom, its a very rare occurrence, but for peace of mind, you can also get some anti conceptive gel, which also acts as a lubricant, do NOT use petroleum based lubricants such as Vaseline with a condom.

If she is tense you will have a hard time getting in there, her being real tense is because she is afraid, and not yet prepared, try and make it feel like something natural, make it romantic, have some times together well all you do is touch and kiss, so that she becomes used to being with you in sexual situations.

A good position for "first times" is her on her back legs spread, you on your side at 90 deg angle forming an upside down "T" her legs are over you feet behind you.

this allows you to see everything, you will not be supporting yourself with one hand as you holding your member trying to put it in, on your side you can take all the time you need, and see whats going on. you can still guide it and have much more control because your not fighting gravity.

Its also easy on her because you are not on top of her.

If you do ejaculate, discard condom and wash yourself with soap and water, hands and member.

take your time, and make her feel special always! never pressure her into sex, let her know that this is just "one" element you want to share with her and that there is no hurry. once she is more comfortable and ready, the tension will be released, and things will go a lot more smoothly.

Spermicide works 95% of the time if you use it correctly... but lord knows people rarely use them properly. So normally its less then 80% effective. It should NEVER be used as the sole method, use a condom or diaphragm also, or both.

Keep in mind, spermicide doesn't protect against STDs.

I believe you can get condoms with spermicide in them, never actually looked though.

^ Thanks alot man...

I don't think she is tense about losing her virginity, she was telling how much it hurt but at the same time it was very aruousing and she liked it.

I guess the problem here was that I was afraid of pregnancy myself... she wasn't that scared (she told me to use Spermicide next time), and also I was afraid that we didn't have much time since there wasn't anyone in the house for aonly a few hours.

I just wanted to add a little to what the other guys already said. Concerning the hymen, women can get that broke with other ways than just sex, such as using a tampon. And sex will hurt her the first or even second time depending on alot of things. But like she said, it's also arousing anyway.

I have another question that I raised in another topic.

hymen beaking during sex can cause pain, but not necessary bleeding right? This is normal am I correct?

Also... Morning after pills' side effects affect all women who take the pill? Or just some women?

alot of the pain depends on how, well i'll say "experienced" a woman having intercourse may be. Virgins tend to be not so flexible since it's the first time. As for the morning after pill...

What are the Side Effects of ECP Use?

About 50% of women experience nausea and 20% vomit. A far more serious side effect is the increased risk of ectopic pregnancy. The Princeton University website promoting ECPs also warns: "It is possible ... that a woman using ECPs could have one of the dangerous or even fatal complications that have been reported in very rare cases with normal, prolonged use of birth control pills. These include: thrombophlebitis (blood clots in the legs), lung clots, heart attack, stroke, liver damage, liver tumor, gallbladder disease, and high blood pressure"

for more information try link removed