Why did my crush behave this way?

Axalon

Yesterday evening I was over at my crushes house to hang out with her brother. I finally got the nerve to make a move by giving her a what I like to call a "promise to date" ring. You see, she isn't allowed to date until she turns 16, but I am willing to wait for her (the age gap isn't too severe).

Anyway, the way I was going to go about giving it to her was to first have her look up what they are by using Google. This is where the trouble began. First of all, she asked me to type it in. I asked her why, she didn't say much. Then I asked her if she could spell it, she said no (I didn't think that much of it until later on when I saw a piece of paper, in her handwriting, that mentioned the word promise). When I typed it in for her and got to the site I was thinking of, an ad popped up. She clicked it off and we finally got to the site. She saw a few seconds of it, then another ad came up. That's when she said "what is this?". I said "just an ad" and clicked it off. Once everything was settled down she began to look at the site itself, but soon stopped and said "I'm not reading this." I asked her why not and she sort of gave me an I don't know. Then she said "I'm going upstairs". By the way, when she said these things it was in a very quiet and shy manner.

Some of the signs of liking me that she showed in the past (and convinced me to do what I did) include: looking at me when I'm not looking at her (sometimes while giggling), mimicking me, asking people she knows questions about me, showing concern for me if she thinks I’m in trouble, her friends act differently around me, sometimes she blushes around me, etc.

What does all of this mean and where should I go from here?

Whoa. Teen signals are sooooo different from adult signals. So, it's hard to say. But, if I remember that far back...those are teen signals of liking you.

However, her response to the whole ring thing was kind of curious. Seemed like she was mad or annoyed. Impatience and annoyance is a sign of something. Perhaps she's mad about something. Being a female myself..I know we can work outselves up into something that is completely ridiculous. I'd say..ask her about it. If you like her...put in the effort to see why she's upset.

Or perhaps, like most teens, she's gotten over her like for you. It's like the changing of weather here in Texas. Especially teen GIRLS. Whew.

Whoa. Teen signals are sooooo different from adult signals. So, it's hard to say. But, if I remember that far back...those are teen signals of liking you.

However, her response to the whole ring thing was kind of curious. Seemed like she was mad or annoyed. Impatience and annoyance is a sign of something. Perhaps she's mad about something. Being a female myself..I know we can work outselves up into something that is completely ridiculous. I'd say..ask her about it. If you like her...put in the effort to see why she's upset.

Or perhaps, like most teens, she's gotten over her like for you. It's like the changing of weather here in Texas. Especially teen GIRLS. Whew.

Not to put more strain on you, but what are the signs a girl shows that she is falling out of love with a guy?

Not to put more strain on you, but what are the signs a girl shows that she is falling out of love with a guy?

You will know when it happens... clear as day. And it sucks because it feels like it is completely out of your control.

I think that she was annoyed, because you treated her like a child.)))) Teens don't like it. So you must think about her and treat her like an adult. You don't need use a google to explain her your reasons for getting this rings. Use your own thoughts and words. Good luck!)

If she is a girl you have a crush on, I would not give her any sort of ring. a promise ring isn't a "promise to date" ring, it is sort of like a pre-engagement ring. Say the two of you were officially dating for a long time and it was totally mutual and you wanted to get engaged but you really couldn't because one was still in high school, one was going away in the military for a year and didn't feel ready, or you were living in a box on the side of the road and wanted to get more stable or other life circumstances made it not the right time to be engaged.

I would just continue trying to establish communication with her. Can she not go out with you at all for an ice cream or something or just cannot officially date? Just establish a friendship until you can really ask her out. If its a few years down the road, you might both lose interest in eachother by then. If she is almost 16, then ask her out at that time.

Also, there is the possibility that if you are a friend of her brothers that she is going to tease you and mimic you because of that. I had ZERO romantic interest in any of my brother's friends but always tried to give them a hard time or annoy them because that is what sisters do.

At her age, who she likes will swing all over the place. I think you're better off just staying friends with her and see how things pan out in the future, rather than having something that's in the same line as an engagement ring. You're trying to secure things that are hard to secure, especially at her age. That and you're treating her like a kid and acting like one yourself by beating around the bush with the whole internet search thing. It's tough to be on the receiving end of her emotional distancing but it just means she isn't ready for anything yet. Be her friend for now and just see how things go later on.

Archived