Hoping to heal through NC

I met him when I was least expected. Things were great between us....but I was the one doing all the work. He was a free rider. And Yet, I was stuck to him and couldn't let him go. But now, I realized that I must. I must be strong this time through implementing NC.

Day 1

I feel sad and hurt. I did so much for him. Every time he wanted to see me, I would drive 40 mns to see him but he wasn't willing to drive to see me. His excuse always was "I have to study" since he is in medical school.

I blamed on myself for being unreasonable and always followed his way. I cannot deal with it anymore. I must move on. Please support me. I feel so sad and lonely now. I cannot sleep and my mind is racing. I feel so alone.

Hi there! I'm sure you did what's best for you... I gotta say though, there are not enough details for me to say more about the situation. Anyway have you tried talking to him about how you're feeling about the relationship?

Hi there! I'm sure you did what's best for you... I gotta say though, there are not enough details for me to say more about the situation. Anyway have you tried talking to him about how you're feeling about the relationship?

Yes. I think so many times. He doesn't like me like the way that I liked him. I am so bumped out tonight and now it's 3:42 am and I cannot sleep. It is raining outside and I feel so alone.

Stay strong. I must say kudos to you! You are doing the right thing on going NC. Do not pine for someone who doesn't like you back, that will only be such a waste of time.

It is going to feel awful at times but as long as you stay in NC, you're gonna be fine. It gets better each day and you'll heal faster than otherwise. Trust me. Also one important thing to remember in going NC is, like someone has mentioned on here, you may or may not get them back, but remember that you won't be getting the time spent pining for him back, so move on.. We all go through it. Take care!

Stay strong. I must say kudos to you! You are doing the right thing on going NC. Do not pine for someone who doesn't like you back, that will only be such a waste of time.

It is going to feel awful at times but as long as you stay in NC, you're gonna be fine. It gets better each day and you'll heal faster than otherwise. Trust me. Also one important thing to remember in going NC is, like someone has mentioned on here, you may or may not get them back, but remember that you won't be getting the time spent pining for him back, so move on.. We all go through it. Take care!

I just want to heal. There is no hope to get him back. I have no place in his heart. I just want to be happy and live a greater life. He makes me sad. I realized that I am lonely without him but I am sadder with him. He doesn't give me what I want. It was always me who cared.

Well in that case,this just confirms that the best option for you would be to go on NC. Read the posts on here, it helps... also,if you feel weak and feel like you're about to break the NC, there is a thread where you can vent out instead to avoid the temptation. Believe me, we've all been there, so you can do it too! Just stay strong...and also pray. I know it's taboo but it does wonders! tc

You're welcome! Well you can cry, for me crying lets me see things clearly. Also, know that a broken heart would only make you feel like dying, but know that you are not. You are strong and you will survive..and become a stronger and better person in the end of all this. Let time do the healing.

You're welcome! Well you can cry, for me crying lets me see things clearly. Also, know that a broken heart would only make you feel like dying, but know that you are not. You are strong and you will survive..and become a stronger and better person in the end of all this. Let time do the healing.

You too. What brings u here? I am just curious. You don't need to answer my question if you are not comfortable.

You too. What brings u here? I am just curious. You don't need to answer my question if you are not comfortable.

I wanted to share my experience, ask for advice, and as well as give comfort cause I know it helps to feel that someone shares the pain. Misery loves company,hey! hehe.

Also, some of the stories here are inspiring, they talk about how they got over their breakup. Survival stories that most of us could relate to.

I wanted to share my experience, ask for advice, and as well as give comfort cause I know it helps to feel that someone shares the pain. Misery loves company,hey! hehe.

Also, some of the stories here are inspiring, they talk about how they got over their breakup. Survival stories that most of us could relate to.

I understand. During this stage, that is when you feel most lonely and you need somebody. Your friends don't really understand.

I woke up to the sound of the rain this morning and I missed him so much. But after I took a shower, right now, I feel better. I guess I can try to control my emotions and think positively to shut down the pain.

Goal for today- just try a little bit harder and think a little bit more positive. Don't be too lazy and cope up inside my bedroom just thinking about him. What a bad habit.

What will be will be. Just let the time tells. If he really loves me, then he will come back. Someday.

Just trying to make it through the day.

I want to break NC and tell him that let's just be friends..etc. But I should not do that. I need to get over it first. I cannot jeopardy my heart anymore. I need to worry about myself and take care of myself. He doesn't care so let him be. One day, there will be someone that cares.

Do not contact him. You know that deep down, if you truly want to heal, the best way to do that would be to avoid any sort of contact with him. You can think about being friends later, but think about YOURSELF first and what's best for you. So do it for yourself, ok?

Trust me, you'd even get to a point in time where you won't see any point in talking to him anymore, or even wanting to be his friend.So,just stay strong and don't falter!

Hi nguyenal,

I can tick myself in all the points that you mentioned here.

Dated a medical student, lived almost 1 hr away from each other. I seem to do all the giving, he seems to do all the taking, yet it's still not enough. I'm not as important to him comparing to his usual lonesome life.

I feel what you are going through, just stay strong and it will get better, I know you want to reach out to him, but honey it won't be a benefit unless he starts appreciating you.

Friends might not understand what you are going through, but they can distract your mind away from him. Luckily all of my friends are still single.

There are always someone better and love you more out there. Just let them know you first.

Good luck

Archived