How do you tell your girlfriend you are gay?

I am a 14 year old male, and I have a girlfriend. We've been dating for about 7 months. The relationship has been satisfying, but a couple weeks ago I started checking about the guys in my locker room in PE. I've been fantasizing about guys lately, but no one else knows that Im homosexual.

I guess I've been "in the closet", and Im afraid that the rest of my peers and people in my community will descriminate me because of sexual orientation. My own parents would be ashamed of me if I was to tell them Im gay. When I think about everyone making fun of me, and my parents being ashamed of me I experiance small episodes of depression. With all of this going on, How do I tell someone I care dearly about, that Im homosexual?

well thats a tough one...hmmm.

i guess you just sit them down in a nice inviroment and tell them,and make sure that they are ok, and tell them you care about them.

but are you gay or bi, cause you say your gay but do you still look at you gf how you used to, 'cause you could just be bi.

either is ok, i was just wondering 'cause that could make the situation a little diff.

well, i can understand your fears, its hard to be 14 and realize something like that, i am personally heterosexual, but i feel that homosexuals shouldnt be ashamed of their sexual orientation ( i even feel bad seperating hetero from homo), i live in Canada where the government is working to make homosexual marrages the same as heterosexual, and there is a lot of argument so people still have a hard time understanding a man and a man or woman and a woman, maybe you should talk to your school counsellor, and see what they say about what you are feeling, but as QTpie said you may just be Bi, but i think that you should continue to talk to the kind people here at enotalone, because there is always someone here to listen

yep thats what i think, what depressed89 said, i think you are bi, are you? and there isn't anything wronge with either one, bi, gay, or straight, you just be you and don't change for anyone ok. but you may want to tell your gf cause i mean you would want to know if she was wouldn't ya?

good luck.

love Qtpie87

Hi Sandman1027!

As some of the ppl above said, you could be a bi, and there's nothing wrong with you. If I were you, I wouldn't be that sure about being gay (or bi or whatever) or not. I read that at this age, some teenagers might have homosexual fantasies or thoughts. That doesn't necessarily mean you are (or you will turn) gay.

Well, that's what I've read. The truth is inside you, and since you have to be accepted the way you are, you shouldn't change to please anyone.

Anyway, if you weren't attracted by females, how come you have a gf?

I hope this helps.

D1whoutf

I remember the days of scoping out the guys in high school and fantasing. OH MY GOD, WHAT IF THEY KNEW, right? Been there. I don't know what to say, but don't worry about your parents, they don't have to know until you're far from being dependent on them. Keep looking in the locker room, enjoy what you see, you don't get many more opportunities like that once school is out.

On the other hand, you might be bi-. If such is the case, find a woman and spend the rest of your life with her. Being gays sucks.

He may have a girlfriend to "appear" normal, or he may be bi-. I'm gay, and have had sex with more women then men (i am a man). Sociatal factors affect you tremendously. Also, my personal problem is that I fall in love with straight guys ... this is what brought me here.

• 4 weeks later...

sweety you are only fourteen and right now you may not even be sure and if you are hey just hold ur head up and be honest with yourself first before anyone remember you are the most important person here sweety as for the girl you can tell her that you are not ready to be in a relationship now that you have other things to take care of and that you want to figure out what it is you really want