Its been about 9 months or so since my break up with a girl that I broke up with thinking I was doing the right thing. However basically long story short I realized I really really loved her and have been trying to get back with her ever since and I guess I pushed to hard and didnt NC the right way. I was pushed to the edge of madness and lost her trust and now she doesnt even want to be friends. She was not only my love but my best friend and I am devasted. The thing that really scares me is that I dont know if I can find a better girl than her. She was just amazing in every way. She was such a good person and everywhere I look I just see girls that betray, lie, and just arent as good of a person as she was. My greatest fear is that I will not find a better or even as good of a girl as her because she has set the bar SO HIGH. Sigh

Hi buddy. Been through what you're going through twice now. Both times I felt I'd never find a better girl than the one I split-up from and compared them to other girls thinking that they'd never be as good - I always did though!!

The problem you have at the moment is you are still very much emotionally connected to this girl and until that either starts to dwindle or disappear (and it will), you'll feel like no one else will compare or be better. Trust me on this: YOU WILL find someone else, it's just difficult for your mind to accept this at the moment.

It's a rubbish feeling, it really is, thinking that the girl you miss is the only one for you. It'll get better, just takes time. I'm sighing with you buddy!

Archived