For the Ladies - what is your view on time for a commitment?

happygal

Ladies, I asked the men for their opinion, but actually I think I'd like to know from the women how they feel about this.

If you are the kind that eventually wants to get married, and you know this is the right person for you, and what point do you think it is OK to get some answers, make some plans? How would you handle a situation like this?

Am I maybe asking for too much?

here is what my story is:

My bf and I have been together for 4 years. We met each other families, he is very involved with my children as I am with his. We pretty much do everything together.

We have been talking about marriage (this would be 2nd time for both of us), well I am feeling ready for the next step, a commitment...marriage is important to me. And he says he can see being married to me, but that he has a few of his own things he needs to resolve. I know he wants to pay off his debts etc. but we both have good jobs.

What is the waiting here? What is the thought process?

I am starting to loose little of my self worth, I know sounds crazy, but I don't understand what he needs to resolve?

I typically would wait at least a few years before making plans. But that's just me. I wouldn't want to rush into anything.

Have you asked him what he wants to resolve? If it's bothering you and making you feel less worthy, you two really need to talk about it to sent your mind at ease.

Archived