She sent an email. What should I do?

Me again. Didn't think I'd be coming back.

Yesterday I received an email from a girl I broke off contact with not long ago. I won't go into details, but basically she was reading through some old emails I sent her months back, and, after not having seen me online for a while, decided to send me this message.

I'm quite concerned about what my next action should be.

- I could ignore the email, but I feel that's rather disrespectful seeing as how she made the effort to ask me how I am. We did get on quite well and it was only my selfish, insecure stupidity that got me (us?) into the situation.

- I could respond asking her to not contact me, but again I feel that may be rather disrespectful, and I wouldn't quite know how to word it anyway.

- I could respond answering her question, but then I will have to answer further (awkward) questions like "Why haven't spoken to me for ages", etc.

What do you guys/girls reckon I should do?

Oh, and if you think what I've done is wrong/silly, could you please not be too critical? I've had a difficult time recently and could do without it.

Thanks.

What did she say in the e-mail? Just asked you how you are?

I suppose I should've mentioned that in the previous post.

She read through our old emails and felt the need to send a message to me because she hadn't spoken to me for some time. She said she was upset with a message I wrote on another forum (resigned from a position due to real life difficulties), and wanted to see how I was.

I don't think she was aware that I'd severed contact with her, and I find it difficult to believe she's only just noticed I haven't been online, considering how before we spoke to each other quite frequently.

I would say that you are fine, hope she is and that you have moved on very well.

I understand, but could you please give me an example of how to write this reply? I want to word it correctly.

I'll mention my reasons for breaking off contact with her in this email as well.

I understand, but could you please give me an example of how to write this reply? I want to word it correctly.

I'll mention my reasons for breaking off contact with her in this email as well.

"Thanks for you message. I am well and hope that you are too. I have not contacted you recently because ........

I have decided to move on with my life and wish you well for the future."

Her response was that she thought she'd ask how I was as she "really cared" about me. She also wished me good luck in the future and said it was nice knowing me.

I feel...upset. I guess it's just something I'm going to have to live with.

Thanks for the advice.

Archived