UTI, Kidney infection, traveling woes...

Any input from people who have been through this before is desperately needed, if you have some sort of medical experience, please mention it!

Around a month ago, i was strongly suspicious that I had a UTI (burning during peeing, peeing every three minutes, really needing to go all the time) so I got some uva ursa tea from the pharmacy to get rid of it. BIG mistake.

A week later, in a different country, I went to the emergancy room because my back felt like it would rip off. They prescribed me Ciprofloxacin. A few days later, I was peeing blood, so I went back and they changed my prescription to lidaprim forte, which contains trimethoprim and sulfametrol. Three days later, on my very uncomfortable travels to yet another country, I lost my meds. Immediately I went to the pharmacy and told them what I needed, and they gave me a generic antibiotic containing trimethoprim but not sulfametrol. I felt much better, and eventually I stopped peeing black. I took my antibiotics till they were gone, and now the people here won't let me talk to a doctor about my newest complaint, because I admitted that I'm not feeling any pain anymore.

I am peeing green, and I'm exhausted constantly. I know I need to see a doctor, the question is, should I wait a month till I'm back in my homeland, or should I make an emergancy trip there right now?

what a cute kiddo you have there!

yep, it's a murky kind of olive green, I thought it might have been food related (traveling, junk food, etc) but it's been that way for over a week now. I guess I'll have to go back to emergancy room and complain of pain until I see a real doctor. Thanks!

The peeing blood you mentioned earlier reminded me of when my daughter had kidney stones so large they block her eurethra (sp). Her pee was so bloody, my poor baby.

I have never heard of green pee though. You really should demand that a doctor see you.

Yeah, i just called a friend who speaks the native language... he'll come over and take me there. They didn't want to take me in the emergency room last time I went, they were very rude ("You can walk, you can talk, you don't have pain. Make an appointment like everyone else!") but I'm thinking it might be an emergency after all.

Archived