Low carb breakfasts

Another post on here inspired me to make this thread. I have milk and cereal every single morning. I cannot get enough of it. But I just realized that this must be the contributing factor to my MAJOR carb cravings by mid morning! I am up at 5:30 every morning, have my cereal, start work at 7, then by 9am when break time rolls around, I have serious carb cravings to the point of not being able to be satisfied with the salad or veggies I bring as a snack. The guys I work with all eat their lunches around this time, so it's seriously so hard to sit and eat veggies while they are eating huge sandwiches and things.

Anyways, so today I decided to have two hard boiled eggs for breakfast instead of the cereal and it totally sucked. I get up early and don't have time to really make anything fancy, so I made these eggs the night before and they just didn't taste good so early. I really need something juicy in the mornings to eat. Does anyone have any suggestions for low carb breakies that are tasty? Can I do fruit? Isn't it high in sugars though?

But I am interested to see if these eggs are going to curb my carb craving that usually gets here in an hour or so...

What kind of cereal are you eating? Your body is probably lacking the energy with just cereal. Whole foods maybe your best bet, oatmeal, carbs with whole wheat and oats, etc which will keep you full longer with less calories.

Sugars in fruits are complex and provide fuel for your body. The sugars you want to avoid that turn into fat are the processed and refined sugars.

Oatmeal with fruits, whole wheat toast with all natural jam/spread. Lean ham, omelet, etc.

Thanks for the tips guys. I do have whole wheat and whole grain bread at home so maybe I'll do toast with peanut butter or something.. omelette seems like too much work in the mornings and I'm not hungry enough to eat that much!

I have multigrain cheerios or some other sugary cereal that isn't good for me usually.

Just make sure any spread is all natural including peanut butter or you're cramming your body with unnecessary processed sugars and preservatives.

I love Fiber 1 cereal. it keeps me full forever!

Hmm never had one, this? Looks like...umm I won't say it lol

image removed

Is any random brand of peanut butter (not necessarily all natural) really that bad?

I have JIF at home right now. Ingredients: Peanuts and sugar, 2% or less of molasses fully hydrogenated veg oils(rapseed and soybean), mono and diglycerides, salt.

In a serving (2 tbs) there is 3 g of sugar.

i like the all natural stuff. tastes really good too. if you can get it freshly ground, that's the way to go. at my local organic food coop, they have a machine where you can ground peanuts or almonds, so that's all that goes in the peanut butter. sooooo good!

hike, sugars more than likely high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oil which hydrogenated anything is just bad news (ups the bad cholesterol, suppresses thyroid function, etc).

All natural peanut butter is just peanut butter and they do taste and smell like real peanuts. You should try it sometime if you have not. You won't be able to touch JIF or any mass produced PB let alone the same goes with trying to eat Smuckers jam. Natural PB may seem bland at first but that's the way they made PB's long ago. It does taste so much better like Annie said.

what about all natural jelly, like Knott's pure preserves? Is that healthy to put on whole wheat bread?

Ya natural is the way to go. The natural jelly are sweetened with 100% fruit juice, far better than HFCS or processed sugars which of course all go into your gut where as the 100% fruit juice will be a good source of energy and gets burnt off. Like anything it's about moderation. We just don't touch JIF or Smucker's...it's like getting used to drinking more water and fruit juice and go back and drink Cool-Aid. So disgustingly sweet!

I want to cut them out at breakfast to cut out the massive carb craving I get at 9am to prevent me from pigging out. I eat carbs at lunch, like today I had a tuna sandwich. And I eat them at dinner usually too, I always get the carb intake my body needs every day.

you could buy some protein powder and make a shake in the morning using milk, berries, yogurt or whatever else you wanted to put in it. I don't have a large appetite until I've been up for a few hours, but I feel better if I get a little protein in my stomach after I wake up. A shake is a good option for that- I make mine small- like about 1 cup worth.

To save time, you can make the shake the night before, and then just drink it on your way to work.

hike, sugars more than likely high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oil which hydrogenated anything is just bad news (ups the bad cholesterol, suppresses thyroid function, etc).

All natural peanut butter is just peanut butter and they do taste and smell like real peanuts. You should try it sometime if you have not. You won't be able to touch JIF or any mass produced PB let alone the same goes with trying to eat Smuckers jam. Natural PB may seem bland at first but that's the way they made PB's long ago. It does taste so much better like Annie said.

Thanks for the info. I have had natural peanut butter too. I just didn't think that the other peanut butter was that bad for me. Maybe it is... It is easier to find that is for sure.

Archived