Should I just tell him I like him?

Valentine

I've been friends with a shy guy for a few weeks now. I really like him and I'm almost completely sure he feels the same way. However, I'm terrified of asking him out (not something I've done before) and he is very slow. I would rather just tell him how I feel, since we know each other pretty well and I've hinted to it I don't think it would be too awkward. But I don't want it to sound immature or like I'm expecting something from him, I just want him to know. would it be a mistake telling him? or should I just wait and see if he asks me out?

or should I just wait and see if he asks me out?

If he's shy, he may not . . . unless you give him an opening. You don't necessarily have to ask him out directly if you don't want, but make some small talk and then say something like "We should get together sometime, here's my number, give me a call this weekend." It will be obvious that you're into him, and he can still do the asking out . . . if he wants.

Ask him easy questions. Shy people cannot do big questions that will force them to break out of their shell. A lot of yes or no question to break the ice There are so many levels of shy guys but I'm sure once he's comfortable with you he will warm up to you quick. Ask him out, coffee, movies, picnic...a walk...something non-threatening.

Ask him easy questions. Shy people cannot do big questions that will force them to break out of their shell. A lot of yes or no question to break the ice There are so many levels of shy guys but I'm sure once he's comfortable with you he will warm up to you quick. Ask him out, coffee, movies, picnic...a walk...something non-threatening.

Well he is comfortable talking to me, we know each other very well but he doesn't take that next step out of the friend zone. He seems to be stuck where he is now and I'm tired of waiting.

well what my main question is whether i should tell him i like him. Asking him out is not something i think i could do even if it's a very casual thing. I do feel more comfortable being upfront and honest about how i feel. So should I just go with that or would it be a bad idea since we've never been out and we're technically friends?

I do feel more comfortable being upfront and honest about how i feel. So should I just go with that or would it be a bad idea since we've never been out and we're technically friends?

I don't think it's bad, by all means if this is what you're comfortable with then you should tell him

well what my main question is whether i should tell him i like him. Asking him out is not something i think i could do even if it's a very casual thing. I do feel more comfortable being upfront and honest about how i feel. So should I just go with that or would it be a bad idea since we've never been out and we're technically friends?

It's kind of odd that you would find it easier to tell him that you like him than to ask him out.If you ask him out he will know that you like him.So,I think you should just ask him out .You will kill two birds with one stone.

I once was in the same situation was you back in high school. The way I broke the ice and got things moving was just randomly in conversation talking about a new movie I said something along the lines of "We should go see it together! It's pretty obvious we like each other" and then continued on with the conversation, pretending I didn't just spill a big secret. It worked for me - he reacted positively, we dated shortly thereafter, and the relationship lasted a couple of years

Archived