ok. so im addicted to this show called 'the game' ..in one episode, the main character gets married at a small outdoor wedding wearing this dress.

image removed

when i saw her wearing this dress i just knew i had to have it, and this was before i even got engaged. a cpl of weeks later he proposed and i then started to search for something similar in my area with no luck!

with a little research i found out a costume designer made the dress so getting a copy wouldnt be easy, finding something similar hasnt been either. so im wondering what other option do i have? i MUST have it

we're getting hitched in January, small outdoor destination wedding, and i really wanted something non-traditional and this totally fits my style.

Have you tried prom dress stores?

ive been to 5 different prom stores in 3 different counties and only found one that was KINDA similar to it. it wasnt puffy on the bottom like that dress and the bow on the waist was different. just wasnt the same

youd think it would be easy to find the style is kindof simple, but maybe i need to venture to a different area. or maybe i could have it made?im sure that wouldnt be cheap.

ahhh! i've done the google searching as well and see that other women have the same problem as you. the designer is Stacy Beverly, but she doesn't have the design, the show has the rights to the design. boo.

what i would do is take a whole ton of photos of the dress (front and back) from the show, or perhaps show the show to a good seamstress in your area, and maybe you two can figure out how to do it. then, it will be custom made for you. I don't know of anyone good in your area. ask around. I think it will likely cost about $500-600 to have it made from scratch. that's my guess.

ahhh! i've done the google searching as well and see that other women have the same problem as you. the designer is Stacy Beverly, but she doesn't have the design, the show has the rights to the design. boo.

what i would do is take a whole ton of photos of the dress (front and back) from the show, or perhaps show the show to a good seamstress in your area, and maybe you two can figure out how to do it. then, it will be custom made for you. I don't know of anyone good in your area. ask around. I think it will likely cost about $500-600 to have it made from scratch. that's my guess.

aww thanks for lookin. i wish i could steal stacy beverly lol but i guess finding a seamstress will be my best bet. ive printed out a few shots so far, so hopefully i can have it made.

and get some quotes! i would ask around. maybe some of your friends have had a lot of alterations on a dress and they know someone good? it doesn't seem like a really straightforward dress (to get that 'poofy' look and not have it fall during the day). not sure how the designer made that. not that i know much about making dresses! but through my dance classes, i do know other people who do costuming. just not in your area.

link removed

i found this link. with links to other replica dresses. but not the dress.

lol its looks like theres alot of ppl in the same boat as me looking for this dress. eek at the 1st replica. the 2nd one was close in style. i looked up a seamstress in my area, ill def check on quotes and bring loads of pics.

link removed

here's another similar one. needs a black sash though.

what i like about going to a seamstress is that the money is that the money is staying local and you are supporting a small business owner. vs. David's Bridal. and then you get something completely unique, not something that every other bride is wearing. even if you bought the dress off the rack, it would need alterations anyways.

link removed

here's another similar one. needs a black sash though.

what i like about going to a seamstress is that the money is that the money is staying local and you are supporting a small business owner. vs. David's Bridal. and then you get something completely unique, not something that every other bride is wearing. even if you bought the dress off the rack, it would need alterations anyways.

that one is close. i recently found one thats somewhat similar online that i kinda like. but its not available in the boutique in my area yet. if it could be shortened, with a black sash added it could almost pass for the dress.

image removed

i also contacted a seamstress today and faxed her pics of the dress and she gave me a decent quote. but i guess im still holding out hope that ill find something close to what i want. if i dont ill get back to her about recreating this dress.

that one is close. i recently found one thats somewhat similar online that i kinda like. but its not available in the boutique in my area yet. if it could be shortened, with a black sash added it could almost pass for the dress.

image removed

i also contacted a seamstress today and faxed her pics of the dress and she gave me a decent quote. but i guess im still holding out hope that ill find something close to what i want. if i dont ill get back to her about recreating this dress.

OMG BabiiDoll, that second dress is gorrrrrgeous! I am drooling. W.O.W. I think I like this one better than the original one you posted, although that one is really beautiful too.

The thing I like about the second one is that it accents the hourglass waistline, and the length is so elegant. The T-strap heels are gorgeous with it. I wish I could pull off something like that but I would have much, much work to do at the gym first, lol!

Pretty dresses! Have fun in your search for the ultimate wedding dress and congrats again!

OMG BabiiDoll, that second dress is gorrrrrgeous! I am drooling. W.O.W. I think I like this one better than the original one you posted, although that one is really beautiful too.

The thing I like about the second one is that it accents the hourglass waistline, and the length is so elegant. The T-strap heels are gorgeous with it. I wish I could pull off something like that but I would have much, much work to do at the gym first, lol!

Pretty dresses! Have fun in your search for the ultimate wedding dress and congrats again!

thanks when i saw that dress i started to 2nd guess my first choice lol. i agree it really is beautiful it doesnt need any changes to it at all. and it would totally fit with my destination wedding.

im starting to think i might be jumping the gun by sticking with the 1st option when there are options like this on the table. i have 9months until THE day, i should keep an open mind about other dresses.

i asked about this dress since it was only available in 1 boutique in my area and it came from a designer in california if im not mistaken, so they told me it wasnt in stock yet here but they could have it shipped here within a week.

so hopefully ill be able to try it and see. maybe this dress could be it.

Archived