Should I severe ties/go NC with his friends too?

This will be difficult since it will leave me with about 5 friends, but I was debating whether or not to cut contact with everyone else who has direct/almost daily contact with him. His best friends and some family are still on my FB. His roommate was going to be a bridesmaid and has been bailing out on plans with me and, to be honest, seems a little irritated that I have moved on and am quite happy about it. I don't want to seem b*itchy or give these people even MORE reason to talk sh*t about me behind my back, but I am somewhat torn. A part of me doesn't want them to know anything going on about me and I don't want to be updated on their lives (or see anything involving him like pictures), but another part of me kinda likes the idea that people around him are aware that my life is much better and am really happier with things now. I guess that seems spiteful, lol. I won't lie, when I start dating someone, I think it will be hilarious for him to hear through his aunt or best friend...but I know that such thoughts are not going to help me completely move on because I will always be hoping it gets back to him and hurt him (which is very unhealthy). What should I do?

I used to be quite close with my ex's friends, that didn't work out because there was too much drama involved. Now we're barely on speaking terms and I have blocked most on them in my Facebook account. Some I still speak to, but those were the people that understood why I did what I did.

IIf you think you're doing what is best for you, then go ahead, and I guess try to explain to these people your reasons and that you're not doing it to hurt them or insult them. It's nothing personal.

Since you are still on the fence, why not just do the conservative option and hide them in your FB newstream without deleting them altogether. You won't have to see any of their updates or photos or anything when you hide them from your newstream. I don't know what blocking does but I think people get offended when/if they notice, so I would avoid that.

Maybe just share less online if you don't want them to know about your life right now. You can always share more later.

well, i also mean not letting them know i changed my # and blocking them from all the im clients i have. i am feeling left out by his roommate, who used to be a good friend, since she has been skipping out on me and am kinda at a point (with how everything panned out) where i am evaluating every person's presence in my life. i don't want people who half-a** their friendships with me. i don't want people that i only sorta trust (like to not run to my ex and tell him stuff). i guess i have made my decision...i just feel like i am being a jerk about it. and i don't want to censor my life for the sake of others anymore. if i wanna say i am so unbelievably happy with life right now, i shouldn't have to feel guilty for it.

with me and my ex broken up, i highly doubt i will run in to them again, but you never know. i just hate burning bridges, you never know when you will need to cross it again, you know?

Your best bet is to cut contact with all of them as well. You will be left with 5 friends...some of us were left with no friends when we cut out mutual friends, so don't feel bad about that. You can always make new friends. You are falling into mind games when you want him to find out about what is going on in your life and hoping it will hurt him. For the sake of you getting past all this, you should always think worst case scenario. Lie to yourself if you have to about how he will react. Tell yourself that he doesn't care about you, and that he won't care when he finds out about you dating. Just live your life and stop thinking of what he would think or say when he hears news about you.

Archived