So, I'm using Craigslist + POF.

Panther_Dude

In my area, personals ---> women seeking men will get you to the LTR section.

Listen to Organs.

You might as well avoid the casual encounters section, but once you are really astute, you can find the few real ads in there.

I am wary of you emphasizing a lot of potential negatives, then seeing if a woman will still bite. That is one of the worst profile writing techniques out there. Keep it positive, whatever you write.

I'd put that you are a full time college (community or whatever) student looking for whatever. If you are actively job searching, put that on there rather than saying jobless. Emphasize what you value and what you could bring to a hookup or long term relationship If you say you are inexperienced, say it by also telling them something about your ambition and drive to experience life or similar.

Pictures are key. You may have good success if you also just respond to a lot of ads women post. If you have a picture with long hair and now have short hair, by all means find a way to get a new photo! Women are more likely to go for the short hair anyhow with most guys. Remember, all they will have to go on are your pictures (top priority, you need to look darn good) and your profile writing. Write one good profile and I assure you it can work for years. I have online dated many times and the game hasn't changed that much in five years.

One thing any man can do with no money, no job and no place of their own is build a darn good body at will. You are 22 and can have something pretty nice for women to look at within a years time at no cost to you other than time that you have to give already. Think long term also. In a years time you may have a job with decent income.

Well, some woman responded via e-mail asking if my ad got me any luck. I responed 'No, not yet.' You wanna help me out?' And I know she is real...she put what I wanted in da subject line.

If this works out, I'm a be a happy camper. For a while at least ya know.

Fantastic! And you know what? If it doesn't work out, at least now you know how to operate on Craig's List.

Good luck to ya, and if it doesn't work out, at least you learned something along the way!

Fantastic! And you know what? If it doesn't work out, at least now you know how to operate on Craig's List.

Good luck to ya, and if it doesn't work out, at least you learned something along the way!

Right now it seems like she will pick me up at the theater in town Sunday afternoon. Because I have no car.

Should I not tell the parents I am hooking up and just say I am meeting a friend at the movies? And she won't send me a pic, fine with that, just trying to get a description now.

OOOOOOOH...it's a bi dude. Well, interesting.

Right now it seems like she will pick me up at the theater in town Sunday afternoon. Because I have no car.

Should I not tell the parents I am hooking up and just say I am meeting a friend at the movies? And she won't send me a pic, fine with that, just trying to get a description now.

OOOOOOOH...it's a bi dude. Well, interesting.

Wait, hold on. It's a guy? Kripes, yeah, forget it. Men can be pretty stupid in that way.

If it was still a legitimate female responding, then yeah, I wouldn't mind just telling mom and dad I'm just going to the movies. It's your life, anyway; they don't need to know every detail and reason.

Well, one more lesson learned... Sometimes you just gotta keep throwing darts until you hit the triple 20.

Wait, hold on. It's a guy? Kripes, yeah, forget it. Men can be pretty stupid in that way.

If it was still a legitimate female responding, then yeah, I wouldn't mind just telling mom and dad I'm just going to the movies. It's your life, anyway; they don't need to know every detail and reason.

Well, one more lesson learned... Sometimes you just gotta keep throwing darts until you hit the triple 20.

Dude, I'm not just into women. Only people that know is some on here and some on another board.

I've been using POF for about 3 weeks and having no luck. So, I posted a ad around Midnight, 1 am this morning on craiglist. I've gotten quite a few e-mails. But are these replies from real women?

Some just want to talk on A.I.M. or some other IM/E-mail. Fishy to me. Two others posted a actual reply with a pic each. I've replyed back to only one woman so far. But some of the other e-mails just either have a pic or a reply that looks copy/pasted onto it.

ye sounds like some pam bot program

I know people who use CL for sex or finding partners if they swing and they've had good luck. I've posted an ad in the romance section and got guys (and sometimes girls though I said I was looking for guys) who either didn't read what I was looking for, guys who sent me nude photos, and even guys who sent me nasty messages because they didn't like what I was looking for (guys with no kids). I ended up deleting the ad because I got one legit guy and 30 non legit.

Archived