Ya some advice would be greaaaat

Im only posting here because the other forum wasn't so helpfull..

Hey all, I want to share a story. Since I have no where else to go, and well... other forums are not so helpful i thought i'd come here. Hoping to get the best advice possible.

Sorry if my story sounds confusing.

A little into last year, my boyfriend and I were on the rocks. It was inevitable; our breakup. I was not upset, some would say I was much happier. On the other side, i used that time to be a better person. I have been with my boyfriend for eight years, it was great but sometimes I felt trapped and manipulated. To a point where I had no idea who i was. I became depressed and I lacked in confidence very much. I wanted all of that to change because who likes living such a wonderful life miserably? So, I began to do new things, i started doing different activities such as kick-boxing i began running again, and painting stuff like that. I remember specificially somewhere.. in September? This guy walked into the class. And I thought "wow he's.. cute" And for some reason I wanted to get to know him. But i was unsure of what to do. I thought my ex would be upset with me that i was "seeing other guys" any guy I spoke to, he'd throw a fit.

Anyway, a week went by, I had no idea what his name is, but I had caught him glancing at me quite a few times. I thought nothing of it, but my attraction towards him grew and the more he glanced at me the more I began to blush. It was like a casual thing, like he casually looked away as if he wasn't looking. I kept thinking "why is he always looking at me" the more I looked back casually he'd quickly turn away. That's when things got more intense. You know that thing that guys do? Always where you seem to be coincidentally? Yeah that is what he did.

About a week after, whenever i'd walk into class late, i'd notice him just sitting there I couldn't see clearly, but he seemed to be really looking at me. he looked distracted, like I was distracting him. I noticed he'd fidget quite a bit too. The next day, i was online and he came and sat next to me. I was looking at him from the corner of my eye, I didnt want to give myself away but he was looking right at me. He kept leaning in and fidgeting in his chair and for a few seconds i could have sworn he wanted to say something to me. The next day, again, caught him looking at me, turning away. Now i was just getting annoyed. Did I do something wrong? The next day, i walk into class, about 10 minutes later he walks up and puts his coat on and he walked right passed me, we locked eyes for about 10 seconds. I noticed he seemed flushed, his face was red, and again he had that focussed look on his face. I can't explain it, thought it was unusual but i was very attracted to him.

Weeks went by and I remember going up and saying hello to him. Of course the conversation didn't go anywehre because I felt awkward, he began to blush and had this nervous laugh.. it just felt weird. So i smiled and left. I have no idea what just happened. After that, the next class, I noticed him trying to get my attention. You know.. getting up, walking around, exaggerated movements, coughing really loudly. Stuff like that. I thought "am i doing something wrong, why wont he just come talk to me"

After a few weeks after break, i decided to just go over and say hello. I may have surprised him, i said hello and he turned around and smiled at me. I started blushing...Maybe thats a good sign? He asked what my name was and thats pretty much it. Even my ex never smiled at me like that.

A week ago, my friend told me how it was a little weird whenever he'd see me he would dart somewhere. Whenever i walked into class thats what he would do.

My question is...

what do you guys think about him? is there something there? I am attracted to him but I have no idea what to do about the situation. He seems to.. stare and stuff but does that mean he's interested? Avoid? Another thing I can't grasp. Blushing? For what reason?

How do you think he would react if i asked him to hangout or something? UPDATE he left, I kind of gave him my number. What should I do if he does not call?

I just came here because well do you think he is a shy guy? I'd love it if you guys could explain the psychology of shy guys and how I should behave and act around them? What exactly makes a guy shy? What do they think about?

Or maybe i love the thrill its an adrenaline rush for me?

welcome to enotalone. i hope you find it friendlier and more helpful.

yes, it sounds like he is shy. i don't know what his deal is, if he's interested, or why he's looking at you or if he's just plain weird. but i think you won't know until you talk to him! go up and ask him something. like if you see him reading a book, ask what it is about. ask him anything, really. where he is from. tell him your sister is coming into town and you want to take her to a steakhouse and ask him if he knows a good place. or say something about the class. just say SOMETHING and get the conversation rolling!

welcome to enotalone. i hope you find it friendlier and more helpful.

yes, it sounds like he is shy. i don't know what his deal is, if he's interested, or why he's looking at you or if he's just plain weird. but i think you won't know until you talk to him! go up and ask him something. like if you see him reading a book, ask what it is about. ask him anything, really. where he is from. tell him your sister is coming into town and you want to take her to a steakhouse and ask him if he knows a good place. or say something about the class. just say SOMETHING and get the conversation rolling!

Thankyou for the greeting. Means alotttt.

Hmmm alright

Im new too but I did abit of reading into 'does he like me' kinna stuff and the ONE major thing they all have in common is the glances. I think there is a possibillity he very well may like you especially if he's blushing I mean...ur blushing for some reason...wouldnt his be a little simular? Just be friendly I say. if you are taking a class heck talk about the class likes and dislikes all safe and easy topics try to find one he's most comfortable with.

My friend and I were both shy back in high school but bonded through Art so obviously if you guys are taking this class you both have at LEAST this one thing in common.

Archived