Trying to maintain contact with a girl I went on a date with a month ago...

Seymore

Basically, we went on a date a month ago (she had mentioned to a co-worker she'd like me to ask her out and I did), and it seemed we had a great time, but when I asked her for a second date, she said she was going through a bunch of drama and didn't want to drag me or anyone else into it right now, which I believe - she had just gotten out of a relationship, and I asked her out because she wasn't going to be at my work much longer and I didn't want to never see her again after she left.

We still texted back and forth, and when she started her new job the communication kind of started to drop off - I hadn't heard from her in 2 1/2 weeks. I understood, since her new job requires a lot more hours than the one she had before, plus she has a daughter to take care of. Last Saturday night, I had seen something I thought she'd be interested in and it reminded me of her, so I texted her about it. She responded to it, and also told me that she hasn't forgotten about me and that things have been very busy for her with adjusting to the new work schedule and rearranging her life around it. The next day she also texted me and we went back and forth for an hour or so.

Now - I am not hung up on this one person, and keeping my options open, but I did feel we got along really well, even in communicating after the date. I am just wondering if I should just abandon this altogether or not? Do I take her at her word that she hasn't forgotten about me, or do you think it was a blow-off type thing?

Have you tried asking if she'd like to go out again? Don't lose hope completely until she actually gives you excuses AFTER you ask her out. If you're really interested in her, you could try pressing the matter more, maybe actually meet up with her or talk to her.

But don't TEXT this, lol...

• 2 weeks later...

I personally would steer away from the drama question until she brings it up. You don't want you to be the reminder of the crap going on in her life. Instead you should try and be the person that can make her forget about her drama.

I would say ask her out the next time you talk to her and you should be able to read if she is still interested or not. If she brings up the drama then by all mean it's ok to talk about it.

Again, this is just my personal opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived