A good article on getting over it

Thanks Dako. Good article. Couple parts caught my eye; 'Breakups take a toll on us not just because of the loss of the person but because they rob our reserve of trust and faith in love.' Soooo true. Something a lot of us here on eNA deal with everyday. Not sure how that 'reserve' gets refilled to be honest. Maybe it doesn't.

And for me personally; '2. Apologize for your part of the demise of the relationship without requiring them to admit their fault. Just be concerned with your own behavior.' I realized reading this that my ex never once said a simple 'I'm Sorry.' Not once. She never did this step, and really none of the other 7. Very sad - disappointing.

I think my ex musta read this article. He did all eight right down to asking if there was anything he could say that would make it easier on me (well he skipped #7; I didn't get hostile.) Jonas, it really doesn't make me feel much better though...I almost wish he hadn't done it graciously; it'd be easier on me if I could be angrier with him.

Honestly, I was less than impressed with that article. JMO.

I think with every relationship and subsequent breakup you are damaged and you ever don't fully repair. It changes you forever. I remember years ago someone telling me it is like a scab and pulling the bandaid off you lose a little skin each time and it takes a long time to heal if you fully do. I don't think you do in a sense

Archived