Bad night :(

Lucid

What a bad night out I had last night and I really just want to get this out.

Me and my boyfriend went with his friend to meet others at a pub for a night out to celebrate his friends birthday and I got ID'ed I dont have any yet but I really dont look under the age of 18 so that knocked the night I left and got a taxi home but then got a call from my boyfriend seeing where I was and I was already in the taxi home he was telling me that his friend was going to offer to drive me home but there was no point.

I was pretty upset as I have anxiety issues and paranoia that Im dealing with and him going out makes me worse.

So I got home and then got a text saying that everyone wants to go to another pub because I got knocked back which I felt awful for moving everyone because I got ID'ed but his friend and him came and picked me up and took me to another pub and I had no problem getting in there, the night was going ok but my boyfriend and his friend had already between the both of them had a few beers and a bottle of gin so my boyfriend was already pretty drunk but he was drinking a pint and seemed fine.

We then left and went to another pub again I had no problem and the silly thing is I dont drink, the only non drinker getting asked for ID

As the night went on my boyfriend got more and more drunk and he was getting pretty friendly with his friends girlfriend, touching her nose, flicking beer on her and constantly taking photos of her or chatting to her, then she went upto change the music and he was right up there with her and was rubbing her back, by that point my mind was going mental but I had to keep a level head because we were out and around other people.

So it got to the end of the night, last orders and he was slightly falling asleep, swaing around and couldnt string a sentence together, so I was asking hime if he wanted to go and get a taxi home and eventually after getting ignored or no answer he just upped and walked out.

So I followed him out, said goodbye to the birthday boy on the way out and then tried to get my boyfriend to a taxi, he was throwing around a traffic cone and trying to pull off signs on lamp posts and trying to climb scaffolding so getting him to the taxi was a nightmare really.

Got into the taxi and got him home, he fell off the seat in the taxi and I had to pretty much lift him out, ..get him in the flat and then he spent the next hour falling around and passing out on the floor. Then trying to make toasties and eating them but didnt want half of it so threw it on the floor, he then got angry and started to call me a B*****d and telling me to F**k off so I just dragged him into bed got him changed and left him.

Now today Ive been pretty upset but as much as he seemes bothered about it he was just saying he doesnt normally ever get that drunk like twice a year and he isnt used to drinking gin, so he has appologised for last night but some how he has managed to make me feel guilty for the really bad night I had

I just had to get that off my chest because I cant really talk to anyone else about this...

im sorry, but you are a really good girlfriend. at first i thought he wont even call or text you or care if you left or not, but then reading it more, i guess he just wanted you to be there to take care of him when he is drunk.

well maybe you should ask him why he did all those stuff when he was drunk, drunk people dont know what they are doing, but most of the time they do, and they use drinking to show it.

We live together so I was woken up by him this morning still a bit drunk and didnt have a clue what happened until I told him about it so its taking time to sink in I think.

I did ask him why earlier and he just said he was drunk and acting stupid..

He was really at the point where he couldnt function properly and I lost my father to alcoholisim so seeing my boyfriend like that was scary.

Thankx for the reply jessica

You are a saint for dealing with him in that state. Honestly, I would have gone home and left him there when he started messing with this other chick.

I hope you talk about this never happening again. It's one thing to have some fun, but the state your boyfriend was in is over the top. He disrespected you a lot.

You are a saint for dealing with him in that state. Honestly, I would have gone home and left him there when he started messing with this other chick.

I hope you talk about this never happening again. It's one thing to have some fun, but the state your boyfriend was in is over the top. He disrespected you a lot.

I was worried he would end up passing out and smacking his head on something when I found him on the hall floor the first time he was just talking utter rubbish, now thinking about it I possibly should have just left him to it and deal with it himself.

Ive said it worried me a lot seeing him like that, we are going out next weekend to a work night out and I just hope for his sake that he keeps it under control or it could be the end of us.

My advice is to get rid of this waste of space. Why bother with him when there's someone else out there who equally floats your boat but has the added benefit of refraining from getting off with other women and mentally/verbally abusing you?

My advice is to get rid of this waste of space. Why bother with him when there's someone else out there who equally floats your boat but has the added benefit of refraining from getting off with other women and mentally/verbally abusing you?

Thankfully they didnt get to any stage of "getting off with each other" just very friendly and whats worse her bf didnt seem to mind.

I just wonder if its my paranoid mind making a bit deal of this.

I do agree about the abuse.

Yeah... that was totally not right of him in so many ways...

If I was in your shoes I would let him know that if he gets like that again that you won't put up with it... getting drunk and acting silly is one thing, but that was just way too retarded...

Thankfully they didnt get to any stage of "getting off with each other" just very friendly and whats worse her bf didnt seem to mind.

I just wonder if its my paranoid mind making a bit deal of this.

I do agree about the abuse.

Even if he didn't get as far as getting off with her, it was still an uncomfortable and disturbing experience for you. As for him calling you those names, I agree with another poster that you issue with him an ultimatum on this.

I would say to you to just get rid of him straight away. Let's just say, I have a feeling you won't do this right away. The best advice I would offer is not to brush this under the carpet: it's imperative that the matter is discussed if things are to improve.

So, talk to him about it and let him know how it made you feel, highlight his unacceptable behaviour and tell him he has to do a hell of a lot to make it up to you. If he doesn't then, you're way better off on your own for a while.

Gin is dirty....my ex used to get quite nasty while getting drunk off of Gin.

Id raise concerns about the choice of beverage...perhaps you can point out his behaviours while he was drinking gin? Encourage him to drink something different while you are in his presence?

My ex and I had an arrangement that he would not drink Gin in my presence. It only took one experience with him for me to draw the line. Its also because he told me stories before about what happened when he got smashed off a bottle of Gin.

Sounds like the same scenario here....talk to him about this before you just rid yourself of this "waste of space"

All that about sums it up why getting drunk does no good, in my opinion. People act stupid, drama stirs up, they act mean towards others (mean drunks), make excuses or lie for what they were doing, etc.

I just don't get it, why do people want to subjugate themselves to this? Sorry, just bugs me that people want to get drunk at all.

Archived