Just Friendly or More?

Crusader9

Okay, so in my condo that I have been living in for the past year, I have recently (the past few months) been crossing paths with this attractive woman who I am not sure may be interested or may just be friendly.

Here is what has occurred:

- Never really saw her except maybe once a month for the first 9 months or so, and it was just in brief in/out of elevators, etc. Never a hello or anything...sometimes a casual good morning stuff.

- Over the past 3 months, we have cross paths more often, and we always say hello and I always get a big smile and it feels like more than just a casual hello & smile...

- She seems like a really friendly person in general...I have noticed her talking to others around the building sometimes and she is friendly.

- I was walking out of the elevator once, and she left behind me, and we always go the same way, and she said something like "I guess I am following you".

- Recently, I have tried to expand the conversation, asking her dog's name as she was about to go for a walk. One day, she starting expanding the conversation and asked me where I worked (it was about bad driving weather, so it made sense), and she told me where she worked.

I am very attracted to her, and we seem be able to handle a conversation fairly easily. Unfortunately, I am a little shy when it comes to asking out a woman. I would prefer to know if she was slightly interested.

Anyone have any opinions?

Thanks!

Invite her over to your place for coffee/dinner/a movie. What have you got to lose? She will likely not say "no", the worst that could happen is you could develop a solid friendship.

My friend had this guy she was interested in in her building - and how she roped him was this - she asked him to borrow his vaccuum cleaner. LOL the next thing you know they were having coffee together and have been dating for like 2 years now.

It sounds very nice so far... To know if it is friendly or perhaps more -- I'd go ahead & ask her out for a coffee... Perhaps not to your place (even if you are in the same building) at first though. You don't really "know-know" one another & many women might be cautious about these kinds of things.

But definitely out for a coffee....

Good luck!

If you are shy when it comes to asking women out, take a moment to pretend you are in a movie. focus on your breath for two counts, feel your feet (will help ground you) and just say, "How are you this morning/afternoon/evening?....wait for response... then say, "I've enjoyed running into you regularly. You have great energy. Would you like to go for coffee sometime?" Then get her number if she is open. Good luck.

Update....so the other night I was out walking down the street just outside my condo, and she was walking by with her dog....I smiled, said hello, and she ignored me...

...then, tonight (next night), I am coming in to the elevator from my car and she is there, smiles, says hi, holds the elevator for me, and starts a conversation with me, really friendly & everything...

...what am I missing? I didn't ask her out...not sure...I'll just have to do it and go with whatever answer I get!

Update....so the other night I was out walking down the street just outside my condo, and she was walking by with her dog....I smiled, said hello, and she ignored me...

...then, tonight (next night), I am coming in to the elevator from my car and she is there, smiles, says hi, holds the elevator for me, and starts a conversation with me, really friendly & everything...

...what am I missing? I didn't ask her out...not sure...I'll just have to do it and go with whatever answer I get!

That is a little odd - was it dark out? Perhaps she didn't recognize you and was a bit frightened?

I wouldn't worry if she has been friendly every single time before, and then the one time since that day.

I'm thinking she didn't notice you. Honestly, when I've been preoccupied with thinking of something, I've walked right by people who have said hi to me & I truly didn't see nor hear them.

Conversely, on rare occasions I have said hello to people I know well & they have walked right by. I can tell that they didn't really "see-see" me....

So especially after the latest encounter, I'd go ahead with the plan...

p.s. Also consider she may have had earphones in, listening to music. They are difficult to spot sometimes.

Archived