roomate seperation anxiety? lol

Megan86

I laugh but Im serious lol. Is this normal? Ive been living with my roomate for 6 months and weve become very close, good friends ya know? he has a gf and I recently got a bf (I dont think its going to work lol) but anyways Im not jelouse of his gf, I dont "like" him, nothing romantic has ever or ever will go on. hes like a brother. you haveta understand Im not used to people protecting me, and if I stay out late or come home from work late he texts to be sure Im ok and safe and hes helped me out of a lot of tough situations so I get very stressed with any mention of the idea of him leaving or moving out (plus Ill miss him)...now recently his gf said she was going to go away for college and she invited him, and he thought to would be awesome to invite me so he did, (plus he thought it might be bad if him and his gf moved in alone together so quickly). so we were all excited about the idea (or so I thought) but then his gf out of the blue got mad at hime one day and said she didnt know why he didnt want to move unless he invited me alone too (wait? I thought everyone agreed, cheeper rent, more fun? good idea?), which he thought was stupid and he said that "statistics show that couples that move in together right away are bound to fail" and so my roomate really wants me to come and he got me a list of the places my work can transfer me to, and his gf now says really she wants me to come, and I wanna go because Ill miss my roomate and honestly the idea of him moving away is stressful on me, but Im worried his gf will get upset again or something. is this normal? =/

You're too attached to him and seems like he is also very attached to you. I don't know if he sees you in a sisterly way but I know if I were moving in with my boyfriend I wouldn't want a third wheel female around living with us, I don't care how nice she is. Male for that matter either.

I think you and your roommate need to realize eventually you both have to go your separate ways, and you can't just be hopping around after him and his girlfriend.

i definitely agree with petite. while it might be fun to live with more roommates i think it creates additional stressful roommate situations when two of those people are dating. i'm sure there might be some people out there for who this works, but in general i think it's a bad idea.

and like petite said i would never want another female living with my boyfriend and i. it seems like the two of them have issues they need to deal with separate of you.

well my roomate does have it worked out...him I his gf and his gfs bro all move together, we rent a duplex...him and I stay living together on one side and her and her brother live on the other side..that way rent is cheep, we can all have fun, right next door and he doesnt haveta worry about the issue of moving in with his gf too soon. and I really wanna go, my roomate thinks I should go to college up there too which Im debating. Im sure he thinks of me sisterly as well, I always tell him hes like a brother to me, eventhough, I do think hes kinda attached as well just because hell do things like when he gets home and if Im in the other room hell txt me or bug me until he can get me to come and hang out with him or if Im not home hell txt to find out where Im at. But Im still nervace, eventually well haveta part our ways and Im really dreading it

Archived