broken trust, cheating, and forgiving

My ex and I were together for about 8 months, and we were fairly happy for awhile. we were forced to live together, and a lot of romance was killed because of this, but I don't see that as relevant to the prolem I currently have. We both decided I should move out, and start looking for a job, and I did just that. unfortunately we fought still after I left. the two of us weren't getting along at all. This morning, she threw some really harsh news in my face. a week ago, just before she decided we should finally end it, she cheated on me. Yes, it hurt, Yes I wanted to scream. what I did though was tell her how angry and hurt I was. she said that no matter how mad I got, I'd never be as mad at her as she is at herself. she refuses to let herself forgive herself, and she's being very hard on herself. She's made mistakes in the past, none this bad, and she's hated herself for them too, and she's also let me love her even though she hated herself. she won't let me love her now, even though it's the only thing I want to do. I truly think it was a mistake, and I think that she feels really bad about it. the problem is, she always takes the easy way out, she always tries to find the easiest thing to do. what I need to ask is what do I do? I don't want to forget about her, I still love hr, and I'm willing to forgive, not soon, but eventually. the problem is, I want to force her to see what she needs to do to grow up, and to become honest with me. whenever seh's pushed, she's very stubborn, she holds her spot, even if it's a bad one. I don't know what to do to get her to understand that runnign from guy to guy looking for love will only hurt her more. Everyone that knows her says she looks for ove all the time, yet with me, she had something more than with everyone else. I want to try and forgive, and I want her to as well, what should I do?

You must love her so much..no infact you do....cause a lot of men wouldnt stay around once their woman cheated.Your willing to forgive that soon....maybe by even willing to give it another try right away.I have to admire you my friend cause your a better man than me.The thing is though, even though its plain to me you love her so much, she may not be able to see that herself.Some people dont realise the love they had , until once its gone.You carnt change people they have to learn from their own mistakes the hard way ...thats if they learn..but alot of people including myself keep on making those same mistakes again!!.Go for it , but your willing to take the risk of been hurt again ..but if you love her that much take that risk..and it is a risk..but we all take risks..just ask yourself is it to much of a risk to take?..i would.