How would you feel guys?

My girlfriend is hounding me. We are both 2nd year universtiy students, and she wants to go away this summer to work. I already have a job for this summer here, where we live. She says i'm not excited or interested that she wants to go away. I wouldnt mind if she went, is what I told her, but she seems determined that I dont want her to go. We have been together for over 2 years and of course i wouldnot want her to go, but it would not hurt me alot. 4 months is a long time. I thinks i'm just not interested in stuff she does. How would you other guys feel?? What could i tell my girlfriend to make her not mad a me??

Hi seaass,

First of all welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for sharing your questions with us.

My advice is that you are being honest to her. Tell her how you feel about her and what your concerns are. I am not sure if you are still interested in her and if you like the two of you being together. If not, please, take time to explain to her the reasons exactly. Leave room for her to respond to your comments. She won't be nice over it, but that's just her emotions.

If you still want to stick together, it might be a good idea to work out your differences. Ask her what she is looking for in her relationship and what she still misses. See if they are compatible with your ideas and see what it takes to change things, if possible at all.

I sense that there is a lot of miscommunication in your relationship or may be no communication at all. Communication leads to a better understanding on both sides, so it would be really wise to start that.

I hope this helps you in making some sound decisions. I wish you good luck.

~ SwingFox ~