Is it just me, or is everyone around me with someone?

I don't know, I just feel really... aware, I guess? All my friends are getting into relationships, my neighbour, who was divorced, just got married and came back from his honeymoon. A friend, whom I haven't spoken to, and who likes dating around, is finally in a relationship. My cousin is probably going to be engaged soon, and well... Valentine's Day is coming up, and it doesn't make me feel that amazing. I can't help but feel a little... lonely, I guess.

Discuss : Does it seem to you that you're the only one in the group of people that you know that isn't in a relationship?

Seriously, I think it's the only thing that has saved me. I've got about 8 close friends and only 1 is in a happy relationship. No one of my friends has been married. We are all in our early 30s. Really worrying..I honestly think I'd feel much lonelier if my friends were all coupled up. Trouble is they are not that eager to go out and have fun so I don't know how we'll ever meet anyone.

I was pretty much the last one to get into a long term relationship and one (in view of the engagement) that was going to make me like everyone else. Nearly 4 years later they're way down the line and I'm back and sqaure one.

To say it pisses me off would be an understatement. They are all living their lives happily, while I am desperately lonely.

out of all my mates, only two of us are not in LTR, we're all 26ish. Funny thing is everyone thought me and my ex would be the first to get married lol, oh well. So at least i have one mate to go out on the pull with, no success yet mind you.

on the other hand, I'm single, my brother is single and so is my mum and my dad, a whole family of singletons.

my cousins have all started to get married now (not to each other though) my eldest cousin just got married, and again the family thought me and my ex would be next. It doesn't really bother me too much being single again, I'm only 26 and I'm not exactly the elephant man.

Hmm I don't even have any friends but when I did most of them were in relationship or had crushes on someone. What it seems like to me is that I'm the only person in the world without a friend. Ah well

you must have at least one friend surely, even people you work with, no?

you have friends here anyway.

I'm actually very young, so I shouldn't really be bothered by this matter, I know people my age would just go wild and have fun. I'm not like that, I'm way too mature for my age, or I've been told, anyways, I think about my future and don't want to date around and fool around. I want stability

Archived