How would this work?

lostwife

My husband filed for a divorce. Today he asked for a list of all household bills. He knows we are living on scraps because his pay was cut by 50% After the bills are paid we are left with 93.00 a week for food,household,gas etc My Lawyer told me he will have to pay me spousal support because I am disabled and only bring in 700 a month on disability. He makes take home of 650 a week. The lawyer said he will have to keep up my sons and my standard of living. But if there is nothing left how can he pay me anything. He wants to keep the house which we haven't been able to afford for over a year. he also won't give up his Harley Davidson that is 300 a month. In these economic times our house isn't worth what we owe. Can the Judge make him give up his Harley and try to sell the house so he will have something to pay me and my son, or can he just throw us out like trash and keep what he wants?

Since you are disabled you might being seprated file for more supporting your son. on the harley they might if he has a another form of driving he will have to give up one of them and they might make him sale the house depending on if you are on the loan or deed and when he got the house where you married when you got it or before.

Listen to your lawyer.

Your stbx will have to abide by the judges rulings. It is up to your stbx how he goes about that. If he has to sell his bike or truck or what ever so be it. If the bike was his only transportation then that would be different.

Leaving the family home is not your problem. If your stbx wants to keep it he needs to get a new loan and pay off the old loan that has your name on it and you both have to agree on a price if there is any equity. Same goes for furniture or anything else. It all gets a value and then is divided.

Lost

Archived