Is this illegal?

well, I guess bad things can come of it!

are you on birth control?? what if you got pregnant? They'd know then!

Also, what about STD's, if you got one of them, they'd know then too!

Sometimes, you need to think about these things before you do them. There are many good reasons they made it illegal.

i live in md and im pritty shure its like this every where you can have sex with any one with in 4 years of your age after your 16 its not leagle before that so if she was 16 and u where 18 it would be fine ( my boy friend and i have had trubble with stuff like that but yea)

look, legal issues pop up at 18. until then, everything is just kids messing around. no parent can get him for rape unless he's 18 and you're younger. but ditto on the guy that said what about babies and STD's? you got all that planned out? how you'll support the baby and all? i don't get why you kids are bangin all over the place without a care in the world about this stuff, but all concerned about legalities. sure it's legal, and 4 years from now, when you're about to be 20 and you have a 3 year old and you're working 2 jobs to pay for the college classes you're failing while never actually seeing the daughter you birthed and making appointments for your Valtrex perscriptions, i don't think you'll care if it's legal or not - it's wrong!

Actually, Tide, the age of consent in most states is 16 not 18. That means that HE can legally have sex with whomever he wants (of any age as long as it's past the age of consent), but SHE can't because she hasn't reached the age of consent.

until you're 18, sex is "illegal". however, if you can prove that a 16 or 17 year old concented (which means parental concent, not just some horny 16-year old saying "sure, deflower me" and it requires legal documentation) then it's ok. if you CAN'T prove it, and you're over 18, and you had sex with a 16 year old, whether or not it was "concentual" it's s. rape. once you hit the magic one eight, boning minors is against the law. what are 16 and 17 year old doing having sex anyway? 3rd base, sure, but sex makes babies, and i don't know any 16 year old's parents that think their barely-old-enough-to-drive's daughter is ready for motherhood. ergo, you don't see a lot of 18+ kids walking out of court free and clear of their rape charges.

No Tide, thats wrong. If the age of consent is 16, then a 16 year old can legally consent. The parents have NOTHING to do with it. Just like if a girl (or boy) is underage a parent CANNOT give consent for them.

Age of consent laws vary widely from state to state and country to country. Broad statements like you are making are misleading and inaccurate.

Tide, avman is exactly right. While a lot of people are under that misconception, statutory rape laws are not blanket laws that start at 18. Check out that website Sebulous posted (scroll down toward the bottom for ages of consent by state). If a person is of the "age of consent", he or she is considered an adult when it comes to sexual matters.

In Massachusetts (her state), nothing can happen to an 18-year-old sleeping with a 16-year-old because they have both reached that age of consent. BUT a 16-year-old having sex with a 14-year-old CAN be charged with statutory rape, because the 14-year-old is not legally old enough to be able to consent while the 16-year-old is.