spotting at 8 weeks pregnant

wasabi

my wife is 8 weeks pregnant, we had an internal exam/ultrasound on monday, today she called me from work, crying, that she had some spotting (blood on her underwear and toilet paper) ...is this normal? from what I have just read online, that it is common following an internal exam, but it's 3 days later! we saw the heartbeat and everything looked fine..dr said she may spot after intercourse, which we haven't had recently, but again, I did read she could spot after an ultrasound and this could be old blood that is just making it's way out now..my wife is very concerned b/c we have been trying for 12 months, her cousin has been trying for 2 yrs and miscarried after 8 weeks and another co-worker just miscarried after in vitro---any suggestions how to calm her down, myself as well, now?!?!

I experienced the same thing in my pregnancy around the same time. I think that as long as it's not a lot of blood, if it's just what we call spotting than it's normal. The color also has to do alot with it, it's not good if the blood is bright red. Spotting is more light brownish. Either way, make sure to call her doctor anyways, just to be certain.

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS! Babies are precious.

Please keep us updated! Good Luck!

...she said the spotting was dark brown which makes me think it was old blood,possibly a result of the ultrasound on monday. from what I have read online if it's brown in color it's old blood and shouldn't be a concern...there was no blood the next time she used the bathroom, so, hopefully that was it....we'll see...

..there's more spotting today...my wife is on the way to a clinic to have blood tests done then we have another ultrasound this afternoon to look for a heartbeat..I hope this spotting is "normal" and there is nothing serious going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN IN THREE PREGNANCYS . AS LONG AS IT ISNT BRIGHT RED THEN SHE SHOULD BE OK. BUT YES DONT HAVE SEX FOR A LIL AND SEE IF IT STOPS . SHE SHOULD BE FINE. ULTRASOUNDS CAN DO THAT SOMETIMES. GOOD LUCK I HOPE ALL GOES WELL. LET US KNOW

• 3 weeks later...

well, my wife is no a happy 12 weeks pregnant. we had an emergency ultrasound performed at the ER and everything is fine..we have an appointment this friday for doppler to hear the heartbeat...what a scary weekend that was, but thank goodness everything is fine...now, can we start to have sex again..lol..

• 3 weeks later...