Should I?

getting_on_ok

Trust me, dragging up your feelings again and again by checking up on her, even if she wouldn't find out, will not help you get over her faster.

When my ex got a new girlfriend, I stopped looking at his facebook profile. I wasn't checking it religiously before that even, but I stopped so much as stopping by to see what he was up to. I knew I was going to find it difficult to deal with, seeing him with someone new, so I didn't torture myself. I knew he was with someone, I didn't want to see them writing on each others walls and posting pictures of each other looking happy.

Now, I can look at his page again without feeling awful. But seeing some of the stuff on there, I know if I'd seen it back then it just would have torn me up all over again.

For gods sake, don't do it. You have to move on with your life, and checking up on her and expending energy on tracking her life is not going to help you.

I could do it without her finding out wouldn't be better to do that so I could get over her quicker?

It won't help you get over her quicker AT ALL - this would be like pulling the scab off a wound which is starting to heal.

Move on, get into other things, meet new people. Act 'as if' you're enjoying it and eventually it won't be an act any more - you need to look forwards rather than backwards.

Archived