im in love with my ex-girlfriend but does she love me still?

ok to start from the beginning. I met this girl and we had a good relationship for about 9 months we started having some stupid disagreements. and my friend talked me into breaking up with her. well i just told her that i needed a little bit of time alone to straighten things out. She loved me to death i know this and i also took her virginity but she thought that i wasn't comin back so a boy asked her out and she went for it. well a month after we broke up i called her and she told me she had been datin this boy for a couple of days. but she didn't want to break up with him because she didn't want to break his heart like i did to her. and for about a month or two i tried everything to get her to go back out with me and on valentines day i spent all of my money on a very expensive necklace and ring and went to her house and gave it to her and when i did i kissed her and she kissed me back like she loved me. like we used to kiss but she still wouldn't go out with me. I guess now that i know i cant have her back i realize how much i actually love her and i cant stop thinking about her. I try everything to forget about her even dating other people but i just cant and everything i do or see brings her back into my mind. I think i am goin to go insane if something doesn't happen soon either i forget about her or she goes back out with me. we still talk about 1 time a week and she says she loves me but she loves tommy too and she doesn't want to break his heart for someone who broke hers so bad. can anyone give me some advice on winning her back or as last resort forgt about her. but i seriously dont think i will be able to forget about her. my father died when i was 10 and i have cried more over this girl than i have over my dads death.some one helpplease i will appreciate it alot. I have written a letter that is about 3 pages saying i am sorry for everything and just about every one of my thoughts that i have kept in about her (all good) is this a good idea to give it to her?

Yes give her the letter. Not really sure what else to say actually because looks like uve tried everything.. i guess you could jus try being her friend and being there for her so she can see what a great guy you are, and pray that her and this other guy break up lol.. I know its hard but u will learn to deal with it better in time, im not saying it gets easier cos thats not always the case, u jus learn how to handle it. Good luck mate!

. Well I don't know. You were influenced by a friend to break up with her... I think she is right in not taking you back. Your friend had no right to interrupt your heart like that. I know you are being kind to her now, but she probable doesn't want to have to hurt like that again. I think you messed up, and you are paying pretty bad for it. I don't think there is anything you can do. your 17, you headed to college next year? Think of the good times ahead. I am doing the same thing right now after breaking up with my gf of 6 months. Just don't talk to her anymore, don't do anything at all... just ignore it all. Be like "I am over you" and perhaps she will come back to you for some attention. Deny her the first time, the second time let her havea little bit more of you mind... and perhaps you can get her back. That is all I can think of to do. Doing it right now, she already crawled back, I denied the first, but now she is messing up really badly in school, and has her parents on her butt, so she hates me right now for causing her pain. But it was her doing the pain to me... every situation doesn't work out the same. Just ignore her now. Just if you see her say hi. See her online just say hi and you gotta go. Simple really.

Sry buddy for the hurting, careful believeing your friends.

ForAnother

• 4 weeks later...

i think you should give it to her . . . you were very wrong to listen to your friend and i know how she feels. well maybe if you give her time to think then she will get an answer and whatever it is you gotta respect it . . . even if the answer may hurt. just stick in there and good luck