...when they get into old habits?

What do you guys think when an ex goes back to their old habits when they break up with somebody?

Before me and my ex started going out she used to smoke pot. She told me that she quit before we started going out. About four months before we broke up she told me that she quit drinking because she learned in psychology that it's really bad for you. Now the day after we broke up she went to a party and got wasted. She's also hanging out with her friends who all they do is smoke pot (which she probably is).

Anyone know why she would do something like this?

Has this happened to anyone else?

What do you guys think when an ex goes back to their old habits when they break up with somebody?

Before me and my ex started going out she used to smoke pot. She told me that she quit before we started going out. About four months before we broke up she told me that she quit drinking because she learned in psychology that it's really bad for you. Now the day after we broke up she went to a party and got wasted. She's also hanging out with her friends who all they do is smoke pot (which she probably is).

Anyone know why she would do something like this?

Has this happened to anyone else?

My ex started smoking cigarettes again after we broke up. Without someone who they love wanting them to stop, they go back to their old behavior. It happens, people change.

My own twist to answer your question. There was a point in my life that i refused to drink, hated when others did, didnt go to parties, and to keep it short, a rather self centered person. After a break up or two i needed a change and was tired of being told i was a stuck up hypocrite. So I went out got wasted and did that sorta stuff for a while. I still don't like drinking but i understand it more now. really it can be anything. the need for a change, curiosity, stress, spite. anyway who cares what your ex is doing, you should be thinking about what your future SO is doing and when and what you'll do when they come in to your life.

My own twist to answer your question. There was a point in my life that i refused to drink, hated when others did, didnt go to parties, and to keep it short, a rather self centered person. After a break up or two i needed a change and was tired of being told i was a stuck up hypocrite. So I went out got wasted and did that sorta stuff for a while. I still don't like drinking but i understand it more now. really it can be anything. the need for a change, curiosity, stress, spite. anyway who cares what your ex is doing, you should be thinking about what your future SO is doing and when and what you'll do when they come in to your life.

Yep, same here. I also tried smoking and drinking because I used to hate it when people smoke and drink. I didn't do it to spite my ex, it's more out of curiosity. His friends now tell him I'm an effed up hypocrite for trying these things because we used to fight about it when he did it, but it doesn't matter to me. I knew why I did it, and I'm pretty happy I did try because it helped me in being more open-minded.

There are other areas in life where you can be open-minded, why feel the need to choose one that will harm your health?

Thousands of opportunities out there.

Ah yes, I understand, but I didn't really continue smoking. And I drink alcohol very rarely. I'm not sure I can explain very well... but it's just one of those things I had to try so that I can say it's a mistake, you know?

Archived