All I want to do is protect you and show you the way

While the rage inside of me explodes

I promise I'll never forget

For one day the truth will be known

As you ask god why?

Don't let the fear hold you down

Stand up for what you believe in

Knowing that I'll always be there

Im just starting to write poetry again, I'm no edgar allen poe but it helps me release my emotions, thanks for reading.

Theo

Barashi,

Your poem is such a sweet, warm, and truly understanding poem. It's extremely thoughful. I teared up after reading it. Thanks for being the understanding person that you are. It takes a real man to see things from another point of view. To truly sympathize with that kind of trajedy, and to put it into words, it just shows me the kind of wonderful person that you are. I am sure that if you encounter a lady who's been a victim of sexual abuse, she will appreciate your tenderness and sincerity. Best of luck in writing more beautiful poetry, and more importantly, Bless you for being such a wonderful, thoughful, and compassionate person/writer! Mahlina

P.S.- I am sure that you will be just as good as Henry Thoreau, among other famous poets, such as Maya Angelou. Some of her poems are great too!

thanks for that, its something that a lot of women fail to see, but on the other hand, men also who have been assaulted. i guess one cannot see the light once violated but as you put it, we should look at the view point of ''we know what is real and true to us''

i dont think you will gain an answer from god, i didnt gain why i asked questions, but i grew, i guess you have to push yourself right back up there, and know exactly how to use deffense

good luck everyone, and thankyou for your poem, i dont feel its empathy what your showing, more so that there is nothing we could allow you to do or for you to do. i dont agree with empathy so yeah, but still, i like the emotions you expressed.

kel

• 3 years later...