Last night was awesome, today sucks...but...

I had too much fun last night to be sad about anything. Sure, my ex crossed my mind at the stroke of midnight, but I was with friends, so that lasted about a second. The whole night was a blast, but then all the couples went to bed, and us single folks were left to sleep out on the floor/chairs/sofa. This morning really blows, because I live an hour and a half away from all my friends, and I have to leave sometime today. I never get to see them, and I realize now how much being around these people helps.

So we'll have a little more fun today, make the obligatory hungover pilgrimage to a waffle house, joke around for a while, come back and clean up, and then everyone will part ways again. That's the part I'm not looking forward to.

The funny thing is, and here's where the "but" comes in, I'm not sad about my ex today. Sure it's hard, but it's more about just being single in general now. Seeing how good couples work together makes me think back to how me and my ex acted together, and aside from cuddling on the couch, we really didn't have one of those great relationships. So here's to finding someone this year, who will put in the same effort I do.

There you go that's the spirit. It is normal to feel sad when you see other couples...but eventually with time you will find someone you have a great relationship with.

Why waste your time with someone who was not worth it? You deserve to be happy and that means having a satisfying relationship with a person you know is putting in a lot of effort into the relationship.

I am glad that you spent NYE with friends and that you were happy, and good for you, you did not let the memory of your ex ruin your night.

I know that being away from friends is hard especially when you are going through what you are, but I am sure you are a strong individual.

I hope 2010 brings you a very special person, trust me I always say this but breaking up is a GOOD thing because you are getting rid of someone who does not want to be with you and you are making room for someone who DOES!

Best of luck to you! Hope you enjoy breakfast with all your friends!

Realizing that your previous relationship was at a dead end deciding to let it go was probably the better the thing than to bring it into the new year knowing that things weren't working out. It's a new year, new things can happen, new things will happen. Take advantage of that and make it work for you.

Archived