feel bad about not getting in touch this christmas

So I feel bad about not contacting him this christmas and not wishing him a good time and so on.

He stopped talking to me after a stupid fight (4 years together - I guess he was just fed up with me) in February this year (10 months ago). I tried contacting him - he ignored me -every attempt and he never initiated contact (didn't even contact me at my birthday). So I know I shouldn't feel bad about not wishing him "Merry Christmas" this year but I do feel bad about that. It does feel wrong to me and I don't know why. Should I contact him via email. I know he won't react - I know him very well - but at least I would feel better about that and I am already used to "getting ignored" and I could handle this as I did the past 10 months...

Advice!???

Right - I know but nevertheless it feels wrong. I guess he would feel bugged...

What's wrong is what he's doing to you...he's probably expecting to hear from you on Christmas and most likely he will ignore you again. I would not contact him...let him wonder...

As sad as it is, I doubt he would care that you didn't wish him a Merry Christmas if he didn't even contact you on your BIRTHDAY, which is way more important...

I know how you feel. I don't want to contact him...but only because I know it would make no difference and I know he doesn't even care about Christmas...so it doesn't matter. But I do wish HE would contact me and change his mind and all of that. But unfortunately, that is not going to happen...certainly not on Christmas, and possibly never. It's sad and it feel horrible to consider this possibility but what can we do?

I just think that there's a limit to everything and I will not be chasing someone who couldn't care less about me right now. I did all I could and now it's all up to him.

I also hope one day soon to wake up and not think about him anymore or care about him at all.

The holidays can be rough but you have nothing to feel bad about. I'm sure he's expecting it but either way it seems like he wont care. Holidays tend to bring out these feelings in us but once the holidays are over we get back on track. Its just like one of those feelings you get where you wake up and want to contact your ex but you decided to sleep on it and the next day the urge goes away. This will pass to don’t be so hard on yourself it will get better.

Archived