Facebook IS the devil!!

holidaybluze

That's the spirit. If that's you in your display picture, then damn, you're gorgeous.

It definitely makes me feel better too knowing my ex's new bf isn't all that, and that my new gf is smarter and nicer and prettier.

Awww...thank you, what a nice thing to say! It feels good to laugh about things doesn't it? I will get over him

• 2 weeks later...

My situation was a little similar - only in the notion that I found OUT about the relationship my ex was having on facebook after her new partner invited me to be his friend!

Long story - we had a parting/split a month ago mainly due to the reason she didnt think she was no.1 with me. Despite all reassurances etc over the last month she claimed that "there was nothing I could do" to fix things.

In hindsight it looked like she had met someone else over this time and was trying to get out easily. It got to the point where last week she text me to get together and have a chat about things - she missed me chronically and admitted she'd felt so much better with the prospect of meeting up. All last week went by swimmingly and on Thursday she was supposed to come by my house for a chat before work. I sat there all night and sent a text at 9 wondering where she was - she then instantly replied saying she'd text three times and hadnt heard from me and had simply gone to work.

This smelt fishy to begin with. Simply a lie - she would normally have turned up anyway (she knew I was at mine waiting).

Despite me asking for me to see her in the morning, the next day she text saying she'd be driving home for xmas and wouldnt be back for New Year. I was gutted - I'd been working towards getting us together for xmas and new year.

On the Saturday (her birthday) I text wishing her a happy birthday, took a pic of the presents she had all wrapped up and the paintings I had done for her. Just so she'd know I had put a load of effort in and was really keen on resolving everything. My aim was to prove that she meant everything.

And this is where the story goes mad....

That night I received a text from a random number which I assumed was from an ex of mine - it continued and I responded with a thank you, have a nice xmas etc take care. I then got a "personal" picture message of some body appedages and a "dont you wish you were with these" type text.

It then continued - it basically described how my girlfirend was now seeing someone this new person, and how I would be split in two if I maintained contact. It continued with various offensive insults and various swearing at me. It was horrible. I would never have the heart to do that ever.

I was mortified. It didnt make any sense at all! What made matters worse is that a text then landed from her saying "Exactly what he said now f*ck off"

I assumed maybe it was written from a friend of hers and they were drunk, feelig vindictive etc. I was wrong -They were obviously sitting there together texting me.

Then the reality kicked in when later than night, I logged in on facebook, accepted a friend request from a random guy and realised this guy and her have been having a relationship for weeks.

What made it more sick was the fact that the comments going backwards and forth were all things I used to say to her - and even included activities we used to do together. There wasnt that much and the dates the pics and comments were made were literally over the last week. All fairly recent.

I just couldnt believe it. This girl was so sweet to me over our relationship and we had the most amazing discussions and relationship Ive ever experienced. Shed fallen for me, adored me and I was her life partner. I had never fallen like I had - I missed her when I wasnt around her and we were SO similar in our interests and opinions. It was unreal how close we were. We always laughed.

We did so much in our 10 month relationship, she claimed she'd never lie and was a good honest person. I trusted her implicitly. She was missing me and had cried never before over our split - I really thought we could have mended it with me showing her how much I cared. That is essentially what she wanted me to prove and I did.

However after that text flurry (last Saturday) she'd basicially shown her true colours in a space of an hour and destroyed 10 months of good times, trust and love.

Im 33 and have had plenty of relationships (some Ive messed up, some Ive been heartbroken over. Ive never got engaged or married so and Im intelligent and wear my heart on my sleeve. I had never experienced anything as evil and calous as this. I was in shock for 2 days.

Its been 7 days since the texts and Ive gone into NC (understandably). Im assuming the guilt of what she's done will kick in and this chap is merely a rebound (why would you go to great lengths to get me to trip up with a text pretending to be one of my ex's, threaten me to leave them alone: he clearly is sh&t scared of losing her).

Ive taken my self off Facebook for now - just too many pics of me with her. Just too much.

How can someone who claimed that they loved you so much (said a few days before the incident) do that to you?

Fortunately for me I know Im a catch, Im good looking, I have an amazing personality and as freinds have said she was never good for me. A lot of friends made it clear they didnt like her when we were going out - she has attitude problems that I chose to ignore despite how strong our bond was. It wasnt perfect. She wasnt even that great looking. But I LOVED her. Absolutely fell for her.

Still - when someone lies to you and the suspicion in retrospect is she must have lied a lot, it only means I must be better off leaving this one behind and get on with my life. I will find someone better, but at the moment Im going to hurt for a long while getting her out of my heart and mind. Meeting this one made me love again (I havent loved since my ex from 6 years ago). Is such a shame this one blew up in my face.

I took my ex off as a friend AND a friend I met through her too. That friend of hers told me some interesting things abut her previous pattern of dating too!! Her friend still keeps in touch with me.

Two of MY friends did becme friends with her on F/B. One of them received a "like this" to a post this week - which is strange as she has never posted on her page before.

I have seen my ex's profile (sadly by complete error) on another dating site - (I wont be going back on that one either now!) and what she says abt herself is quite hysterical. Proves to me how deluded she is.](*,)

• 3 weeks later...

i have done the exact same thing ive seen my ex with his new gf on his mates profile... dont know why he is still my friend on fb. I cant count the amount of times i looked at them. it drives you mad. but i eventually plucked up the courage to block him and everyone my ex knows... i even had to unfriend my ex's sister which was really hard but we are still friends. You've got no other choice but to block her, him and anyone u think might put pics of them on a night out. Block his friends, eliminate all possible ways u could see them. It is not going to help you move on. It hindered me big time, all 2 months of moving on and i was back to the start again, its not good for us mentally.

Pick up hobbies, go out with friends, anything to distract you from having the temptation to look. I know its incredibly hard and what are u only gaining? heartbreak and that sick feeling in your stomach!

We have to make ourselves happy and not waste time looking at his life and start looking at our own... thats what is important! Not silly pictures of them posing and showing off. Be thankful we have the opportunity to be single cus when u eventually get married and have children whatever, im telling u we will be looking back at our single days longingly.

Facebook it really is the devil. I have to delete my account and all.

I am borderline obsesive too. I got a problem and I need to learn how to deal with it. You are not alone.

NC workds...I got him to email me twice when he told me he will never talk to me again. Sucker. Twice! I was not sure what to reply to him so I took my time when I got another one from him. I finally emailed him and said a short nice, keep him wanting more email. Stupid games but works.

Yes, Facebook is the Devil!

I would look at my ex's FB page all the time and all it did was destroy me each time. I finally deleted him as my friend a week ago and it sent me crashing to the ground because I couldn't read up about him anymore. It was so hard to where yesterday I sent him a message, which I shouldn't have done, but the reply was what I needed to slap me out of looking him up anymore. It wasn't a bad reply, it was kind, but it was that 'ah ha,' switch turning off moment that I needed and hopefully it lasts. I haven't looked up him at all today. That is a major step for me, believe me.

I am new to posting and crossing my fingers that if I get through the night without looking him up on FB or crying about him, my first major hurtle will be completed.

Ex's on Facebook is Hell and nothing good can come of it.

They should have an application that helps with this. hehe

Archived