Pretending to talk about someone else to the girl you like

Would it ever work to ask a friend (that I like more than a friend), on advice as to how I should let a girl I like know that I like them, without my friend knowing that I am talking about her and I. It is impossible for me to tell what she wants, but if I ask her without letting her know that I am talking about her, then it may be helpful. Just a thought. Read my other posts to get the whole story.

Doing this to a friend you must be VERY sneaky depending on how much the friend knows you, as sometimes they can tell pre-talk that you were dropping hints, and then for this it would top it all off. The minute you say ONE THING suspicious, they will more than likely know...again, be sneaky. Sometimes it is easier to just come out and tell them how you feel, after all they ARE your friend.

I would be EXTRAORDINARILY careful about doing that. I'd probably say 'don't do it'. If I were the girl in that position, I can't see how it would make me like you any more than I already do. In fact, if I did like you, it might make me think 'oh...he has his eye on someone else...well, I won't ask him out or anything because I'd look like a fool then'.

If she did like you, this would probably intimidate her about telling you her feelings. I don't think it's a great idea.