Block a plentyoffish account?

Psych

Hello, all. I have been broken up for about 5 weeks, I'm doing well with the no contact, and I've hidden my ex and all his friends on facebook so I don't have to look at him or see his posts. There is just one problem- he has an account on plentyoffish (where we met), and every time I log in, it gives me a random list of guys in my area. He ALWAYS shows up on there- and I'm forced to see that he goes on there every day!! AAARRRGGGG!!!! Does anyone know of a way to block that function, so that I don't have to look at him and be faced with the constant evidence that he's trying to replace me? Thanks.

Hey Psych. I just checked my account. If he is showing up on your New Matches list, click on his profile and scroll to the bottom. There should be a link/button that says, "Remove (name) from My Matches."

The Help feature says you can also block him through the e-mail function if he's sent you any e-mails. HTH

SH

I have every right to want to try to move on, without having to look at him and be tormented in the process.

Of course you do! That is kind of a no brainer.

I haven't been faced with that problem yet - my ex is not on the dating websites -- but I guess if I do online dating enough, I'll have to learn more about how these blocking features work. (sigh)

Of course you do! That is kind of a no brainer.

I haven't been faced with that problem yet - my ex is not on the dating websites -- but I guess if I do online dating enough, I'll have to learn more about how these blocking features work. (sigh)

*sigh* indeed. I've been into the online dating scene for a few years now. With most guys I've met on there, I haven't cared enough about them to be aggravated when I see them on the site again. It's a whole different ballgame when they break your heart and go online THE NEXT DAY! Aren't there some unwritten etiquette rules in cases like these??

Archived