well my gf from over a yr broke up with me. She doesnt have tons of friends at this school so shes still around me and mine alot. When she dumped me she emphasized that she really wanted to be friends. I was fine with that because i had tried to dump her earlier and it was just too hard for me to finish with her crying and everything. So i really got what we both wanted out of this. We got to talking the other day and i mentioned how she seems kinda lonely. And ever since shes been grouchy towards me and obviously faking likeing people just so she can be seen with others when im around. Is this even worth trying to be friends with or is she so stuck on proving me wrong and trying to make me feel bad that being friends is outta the question?

Being friends with her does seem like it could work out, but she could still needs some time. Perhaps she really took your "seem kinda lonely" comment to heart and believes you view her as a loner, and for this reason she is trying to interact with new people. However, I don't think that you should assume that she's "faking" her interest in these people. I know you probably feel that you have done nothing wrong, and I am not disagreeing with that, but it seems to me like you have hurt her feelings (even though it was unintentional) and if you want to keep your friendship, apologizing and letting her know what you meant by it might be a good deal. If you don't feel as if you should have to do this, give her some time to cool off and be with new people. Eventually, if the two of you are meant to be friends, it'll happen.