Will Love Conquer All?

Theblueman123

Do you ever think back on your life about someone in particular and think "What if?". And if you had a chance, would you go back and be with them? The reason I'm asking is because I'm in a similar situation. Do I continue moving forward in my life and be plagued with the question, or do I swallow my pride and change what would have been...

How do you feel?

You should take the chance BUT be prepared that it may not turn out the way you want it to. If you go in with the mind-set that it can turn out in any way (good or bad) then its fine. But, if you go in thinking that something good will come out of it...and if it doesn't...it will set you back big time. Just make sure this is worth taking a chance on. You don't want to be left with 'what ifs' but at the same time, you don't want to try something...get completely rejected...and be back to square 1 in terms of your emotions.

Meaning do I take the chance of saying how I feel and being completely rejected and knocked off my pedestal, or not take the chance at all.

Yes.

I was very much in your shoes. I had a boy that I loved for a long long time. We were best friends, then we parted ways, he became a Marine, I went to college, and a few years later, we met again.

I thought maybe now was the time to try an "us". When we were friends everyone kept saying we should date, but we never did. We never even hugged. We were just really good friends. There was more to it, but neither one of us ever acted on it.

Then one night I went over to his house and after a bit of hemming and hawing, I finally told him, hey btw, I had a massive crush on you, and I thought you should know that. That night before I left he told me he wanted the one thing from me he never got when we were friends. Puzzled, I said, what's that? He said, a hug. I hugged him.

I made it to the car that night and when I got in my bff was in the car and I started bawling. I couldn't believe he said that. I had no idea he had thought about the fact that we had never hugged.

He and I did wind up dating. He gave me my first real kiss. It was the most amazing kiss I have had to date. It was like something out of a movie.

Then, reality set in. Time had passed. We were not the same people we once were. We both had changed. Shortly into the relationship, we realized it was not going to work. It broke my heart. At 21, he was the only boy I had loved and even into my mid 20's he was the only person I could have ever seen me being married to.

I don't regret what happened. I glad I took the chance. I didn't want to always wonder, what might have been. There is actually a song by a group called Little Texas with that as a title "What might have been". Every time I heard it, I always wondered. Now, I know, and it was worth it.

Do you ever think back on your life about someone in particular and think "What if?". And if you had a chance, would you go back and be with them? The reason I'm asking is because I'm in a similar situation. Do I continue moving forward in my life and be plagued with the question, or do I swallow my pride and change what would have been...

How do you feel?

I have never felt this. When I'm done, I'm done.

Archived