quick advice on ex-gf situation

brief back story: we dated for a month, thought we were soulmates 2 weeks in, she started taking thing way too fast even talking about marriage like 3 weeks in, and then i ended it after a month for these reasons.

The thing is I kind of fell in this bubble when we were together and went along with whatever she said (being together forever BS mostly) and though I actually believed everything I was saying. Looking back at what I said and agreed upon, I feel this urge of self-hatred/regret for being so stupid.

I am writing this because apparently the stuff I said to her made her "fall in love with me even more" and now she is having a hard time letting go.

We;re "just friends" now, and everything was cool until she randomly started asking me if i missed her and if i had moved on.. i was honest and said i didn't miss her (in that way) and had moved on.

Next day, she apologizes for asking me all those questions. The day after that she tells me she's been really emo and w/e and apologizes again..

What do I tell her now? I mean I want to be a friend but its hard being that in this situation since its me she's having trouble with letting go. She does have lots of other supportive friends so that's not an issue.

Or should I just not talk about "us" and just pretend this thing didn't happen?

](*,)

If you haven't done so already, make yourself available to clarify that it didn't work out after all. Be prepared to tell her things about her that were good for you and the things which were not. She deserves the truth. But be nice and gentle. And take responsibility for your part in any misunderstanding.

Tell her she is very important person in your life but right now you need space. It is over.

I think it is rough, but still probably the most humane thing you can do for her is to cut it off completely for 6 months to a year. If you agree with this, then tell her you want to give her a few days of contact to answer her questions and talk, then you want 6 months or a year of space so both of you have a chance to stand on your own and move on with your lives.

I wouldn't talk to her at all.

By being around you're not making things easier for her, sure she's probably happy to be able to talk to you but only because she might think it's easier to get you back that way.

I know you do want her as a friend and she sounds very insecure so it's not up to you to fix this but really, if you do NC you're going to do her a favor.

Don't tell her anything, just begin to cut ties very slowly, she already knows it's over, she knows you don't miss her and that you don't want her back.

As cantexplain said you can be nice about this, but I think your silence can help her more.

Archived