How to start talking?

Hey, im a 16 year old guy who is still at school, iv seen this girl whos the same age as me but not in any of my classes, I really want to talk to her but I cant think of any ways to start it without seeming like im 'chatting her up', any ideas?

Also, i find her hot, but i wouldn't mind just being friends with her, so i don't want to ask her out too soon.

Thanks

I had a similar problem.Their was this hot girl in my classes and sits next to me in studyhall.Well we never talked for 7 months.Then out of nowhere i smiled and said hi.Not long after we talk for hours everyday in school.SO just pretend you know her and that shes not a women.It will be alot easy to talk to her.

I've found the following to be extremely useful in talking with girls you don't know:

It's very simple, just talk to them like they're one of your close friends who are girls. It'll make a big difference if you just imagine you're talking to someone else. If you think about who you're talking to, you'll just get nervous and such. Anyhow, it's worked for me.

Wow, that was like reading about myself. I'm in the exact same position, even the same age! Anyways, I approached the girl I'm interested in differently than most others. Instead of telling her how beautiful she looked, like every other guy, I approached her about a mutual interest of ours, robotics, although it was a fluke I found out we shared that interest. I basically said this:

"Hi, , hey, I heard you're interested in robotics." Before this I was scared that she'd ask me all sorts of questions like how I knew she liked robots, etc., but everything seemed to go fine as our conversation started seemlessly from that very simple approach.

If you have a yearbook, I'd just look her up in there to find her name. Some people may say that's not right, but I've been approached by dozens of people who's name I don't know, so I look them up so that next time I see them, I can respond with their name. Besides, it always feels good when someone you don't know, or hardly recognize, knows your name; she should be flattered if you approach her knowing her name.

My only problem now is that the girl I approached is even more shy than me, which is rare considering I'm close to as shy as people get, but consequently I feel that had I sounded less nervous, she wouldn't be as interested in me, so don't worry about being nervous.

I hope this helps in some way. I'm new to eNotAlone myself.

hey thanks for the advice, i found out she uses the same instant message program as me and one of my firends had her sign in name, should i add her and talk to her on that, or try and talk to her personally first?

Btw, i already know her name.

Thanks

hey thanks for the advice, i found out she uses the same instant message program as me and one of my firends had her sign in name, should i add her and talk to her on that, or try and talk to her personally first?

Btw, i already know her name.

Thanks

talk to her personally first. it's always slightly weird to have somebody who knows you adding you onto their list if you haven't really talked to that person before.