Why is everyone breaking up..

Prachi_Sri01

Hi

I am just out of my college after my MBA. In college( both in UG and PG) I saw lot of couples, loving, caring etc. But now after 2-4 yrs, everyone is breaking up. Not even a single couple got married till now. I am talking about the once which were considered quite serious for their relationship in the college times. One couple, broke up because girls father told her he will take poison if she marries her lover. Other one, guy told he cannot tell his family, they broke up yesterday. Like this there are several cases.

Why I am feeling like this is, I am also in a relationship and sometimes i feel perhaps i am the only one who is going to sacrifice a lot in her life to make her love successful. I would be probably going for a cross cultural marriages, which certainly has a lot of challenges to face.

Help.. tell me if it is wrong to be committed, if not, then why so many people are going back from their commitments ??

Yeah this is my opinion.....but i think we get complacent in our relationships and that causes tention etc.....to aviod that you need to be constantly working on your relationship for it to work....

The magical 2-5 year period is very common for people to break up.....usually over four things:

1 money

2 marrage or kids

3 relatives

3 sexlife.

this is just my opinion!!

Help.. tell me if it is wrong to be committed, if not, then why so many people are going back from their commitments ??

No, it is right to be committed, if there is love and commitment. If the love dissipates, then I think it is wrong to drag commitment on, unless marriage has occurred.

I think that commitments to a partner often dissipate because the commitment isn't that deep to begin with. In some cases other commitments are stronger, like in the cases you describe ... commitments to original family, ongoing careers, etc.

So there was no "going back" on commitment per se, just the real truth comes out: The commitment was false, shallow, or took a backseat to other commitments!

The magical 2-5 year period is very common for people to break up.....usually over four things:

1 money

2 marrage or kids

3 relatives

3 sexlife.

I agree 110%

There's also the '7th year itch' or something

excuses to get out aren't as uncommon as we'd like to think

Yeah this is my opinion.....but i think we get complacent in our relationships and that causes tention etc.....to aviod that you need to be constantly working on your relationship for it to work....

1 money

2 marrage or kids

3 relatives

3 sexlife.

this is just my opinion!!

I agree with this.

Archived