Went out with a married friend

Xerxis

Not what you might imagine. My wife and I were going to go out with another couple. Her husband backed out and my wife decided not to go either. My wife encouraged us (me and the other wife) to go anyway as we had planned this for a while. The short of the story is that we went, had a nice time and came back - nothing out of the ordinary happened or would have. Now that it is past my wife tells me that our friend probably thought it was awkward. I hope not as these are good friends. She seemed to have a good time. Is this a big deal, did I do something wrong? Maybe we should have just not gone. I don't know.

If they are 'that' good of friends, then I doubt the female friend would think anything 'odd' of the situation. Perhaps its really your wife, who thought the situation odd, that you would go out alone with your female friend....

It's only 'odd' and if you make an issue of it....

I went out with a Married Friend, was the title. Your opening line: Not what you might imagine....

Yet you make it sound, like we imagined.

.. which you are..

What's really on your mind?

What difference does it make, what is on my mind.

I'm not the initial poster of this thread, who was wondering it this seemed an odd situation and in my opinion was making it seem like an odd situation in even introducing the thread.....and he got my response.

I'm not the initial poster of this thread, who was wondering it this seemed an odd situation and in my opinion was making it seem like an odd situation in even introducing the thread.....and he got my response.

Actually, I asked if people thought it was wrong. As for the title and first line I am not trying to be unnecessarily provocative, it is simply the fastest way to explain the situation - I went out with a married friend but it was as friends - if that suits you better.

Er.. sorry D_Lish but my entire post was directed at the OP not you - sorry I should have made it clear. I quoted you because you pointed out that you'd only make a deal out of it (by starting a discussion thread etc) if it meant something.. so what's really on his mind.

Sorry.. very unclear of me.

Hi Indigo

As I pointed out I didn't have a problem with it at all and still don't. I was curios to get some feedback regarding my wife's encouraging us to go one one hand and then saying she thought the other wife probably felt awkward because we went. I'm trying to make sense of that.

Archived