I hate communicating in a relationship.

hexaemeron

How can you really know that everything is going well without communicating? Maybe your partner isn't sharing how they really feel because the communication isn't there. You can't be 100% sure everything is okay if you never talk about it. That doesn't mean you need to talk about feelings 24/7, but when it's obvious there's a need on either person's end, things should be discussed before they progress to some irreparable level.

I guess, for me, I'm constantly being pressured to talk, to open up and if I don't have anything to say, I'm a bad boyfriend because I just don't... have anything to say...

Left to his devices, my bf would talk about his feelings 24/7. And that's fine. It's not a bad thing for him, but it just isn't how I choose to operate.

I guess, for me, I'm constantly being pressured to talk, to open up and if I don't have anything to say, I'm a bad boyfriend because I just don't... have anything to say...

Left to his devices, my bf would talk about his feelings 24/7. And that's fine. It's not a bad thing for him, but it just isn't how I choose to operate.

From what you have "shared" here already, it seems like your partner is overcompensating for your severe lack of communication by requesting.... overcommunication? Does that even make sense? If you hide everything and internalize everything and then cheat on someone, you should consider yourself lucky the person has chosen to stay with you and is open for communication. He's probably got his own issues to sort through independent of yours and you need to be respectful of that and acknowledge it. This could be part and parcel for recouperating, or maybe he is overdoing it and thats when you say "no, I'm totally cool, I promise". I dont know if you 2 are at the point where your promises mean anything but... The world does not revolve around Hex's aspie tendencies. You too will have to join the land of the living regardless of whether you want to or not, no? :splat:

Archived