She wouldn't commit..having trouble to this day a year after..

paintedblue

Ill try to shorten this up.

Spent a year dating but she wouldnt committ but was very honest about it. I didnt push it since she wasnt seeing anyone else since she was spending like every day with me. Then this guy started coming around..she eventually told me she was going away with him and couldnt promise not to hook up cause that would be a comittment. My heart broke. That was about a year ago. We spent the last year now as best friends and that guy is out of the picture. Ive been hanging on to hoping we could date again and always get lost in her words such as "We need to take it day by day" " I need to figure things out" and even " I could defintly see myself ending up with you. The last 2 years ive known her i havnt looked at or touched another girl. I know im a fool...I know even if we start dating again that doesnt mean commitment and i ended it for a reason...i know alot of things that i seem to forget on and off..i just dont know what to do. Scared to move on and see i had a chance with her if i just waited more..

You have waited long enough. I understand you are scared to move on but while you are waiting you are losing opportunities to meet someone that you love, loves you and will commit to you. Don't do this to yourself.

Thank you. Also she is my first and only love so far in my 24 years of life. I know a huge part of me wonders if I could ever love someone else again..

Thank you. Also she is my first and only love so far in my 24 years of life. I know a huge part of me wonders if I could ever love someone else again..
If you meet the right person you will. And the fact that she will love you enough to commit will make your love for her better, stronger and more intense.

You will. I think after you've been so connected to one person it is hard to see past them, but you will and it feels amazing when you do

Don't expect it to happen right away.

You will. I think after you've been so connected to one person it is hard to see past them, but you will and it feels amazing when you do

Don't expect it to happen right away.

Thank you. I never loved before her but I did have a crush before her than I never thought I would get over. When I got over the crush I felt amazing and laughed it off when I met the other girl. Hope this happens on a higher level now!

• 7 years later...

Archived