Why do I just want to be alone..?

Since the time I've broken up with my ex, I've made considerable progress. However, I find that during the daytime, I find myself thinking about her more and more and I become upset, but during the nighttime, I feel so free and happy knowing that I can do whatever I want.

It could be that during the daytime I spend alot of time with friends and family, and during the night time, I just LOVE the time I have to myself. Infact, I've found that I just like being alone after my breakup. Is this normal? I don't want it to ALWAYS be like this. As much as I enjoy the company of my friends, I just feel like a part of me is missing (my ex) when I am with them and I try to leave event early just so I can come home and spend some quality time with myself!

I feel the same way. I wake up, I start to remember that I've lost her, and think about her all day. The feeling usually builds until I have my daily breakdown. Then the sun sets and I just want to curl up by myself with a movie and my laptop. At night I am most hopeful for a better future. During the day I'm miserable. And yes, I sometimes leave events early just so I can be home on ENA.

Haven't figured out why I cycle like this.

I am EXACTLY the same. I had been doing so well until my ex came back to drop my from a great height and once again I am going through this cycle of emotions. I wake up in the mornings and the reality of the situation hits and hurt sets in. I feel this way whether I am on my own or with friends. As the day wears on and I have gone through all sorts of scenarios - mostly positive ones - my spirits start to pick up and by the evening I am soaring!

At this moment in time, as much as I love being with and going out with friends, I am loving my own company more.

Ineedhelpfast,

This is a very good thing believe me I went through exactly the same time. I am very happy because it seems to me that you are on the right track towards full recovery. The times that you will miss your ex the most is when you are around your family and people and thats because before it was you and her and now its only you. Try to get it into your head that this is not a bad thing. Breaking up is a normal part of life as much as it may hurt. Believe me I know the pain of feeling like something is missing.

With time this will all pass. If you are starting to enjoy your alone time this is great. Pick up a hobbie and go with it. Learn to do something you always wanted. Eventually you will get to a point where you wont even think about her as much. ( I know it sounds hard to believe but it will happen) Just remember that everything happens for a reason even though it might not be obvious right away.

Stay strong and be happy. I know that you can do it.

Archived