Open Club  ·  101 members  ·  Free

Journals

Gracelove

Everything has been going really well for me lately. I've been happy, I don't get stressed hardly at all anymore.

I find it so interesting, because tonight I ended up seeing a lot of clips from the movie, "Precious".

One of the actresses in the movie, was molested by her brother and he went on Oprah today.

I was curious, so I started reading about it, and that wasn't good at all.

It's really heavy, and sad. I wish that type of evil and ugliness weren't in the world. It's sad that someone can be so sick.

I know, as a rule, people like that, cannot be rehabilitated (sp?).

But I'm a Christian, and I don't believe that's true. I believe that Jesus can rehabilitate anyone, if they want to be rehabilitated....if they work at it.

I just think that I don't want someone who does something like that to have a second chance. I don't want to think that they can become a better person, that they can rise above it. It's not easy to wish the best for someone who's done something so horrible.

I spoke with a rape survivor recently, and she doesn't believe she'll ever be better again. She doesn't believe anyone who has been raped can be normal again.

I disagree with her. However, I can understand where her feelings come from, but I think you can get to a place where you are normal again.

Tonight I've read things like, "life sentence" in regards to survivors of rape or molestation. I disagree with that also.

If someone violates you in that way, it doesn't mean you have to live a horrible, sad existence for the rest of your life on earth.

Yes, there are times when you'll feel sad or miserable, but in time that subsides.

I've had to do a lot of "letting go" recently, and I can definitely say I've been much happier since then. Focusing on pleasant, happy things makes all of the difference in the world.

It's sad that there are sexual predators around, but unfortunately, they won't be going anywhere, anytime soon. Life isn't a walk in the park. There are lots of good things, but also lots of horrible things to deal with. No one said life would be easy or fair.

It's just disturbing that people prey on children, I think that's the worst crime of all.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived